Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

World Turtle Week

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red,
I got mom to do her hair, but I suppose I have to get some brushes to help her restore her hair.

Shari, isn't it funny how this pain, aching etc goes from one person to another, like a poltergeist? 

What I want from turtle week, is to just slow down.  I'm a bit off, since a friend is in town, and there's so little of me to go around.  I couldn't even think of stuff to do.  My fragile little world of mundane activities is quite unsettled.  I remember once when I visited her, and she wasn't happy since I'd upset her routine.

I'm afraid I don't even have shoes, and have so much weight, my pants might need adjusting, but there's so little time...I've really run myself ragged.  The good news is I probably look much better, since I'm getting sun daily gardening, and look better with since I lost the weight, and got a nice hair style too.  Inside, I feel weak though.
10 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Davit,

I'm glad you are well.  We all have times of sickness and health.  It sure isn't much fun being temporarily sick, but we can have good attitudes about it and make the situation better not worse.  By focusing on the solution, not the problem.  I know you've had more than your share of health issues over the years and I am glad you are getting a break from it all and feel good, healthy and strong.  That makes me happy and encouraged that we can all get through it.

Shari
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Shari..I love the company too.

Davit Thanks...Good to see your having a great day.

Hugs..How's it going with the garden? Any luck getting your mom to the hairdresser yet?

Talk to you all later

Red..

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just want to let you people know how much I feel for you. It is tough being sick or sore and right now I'm not. I'm actually in pretty good shape and getting a lot done. Stuff I have wanted to do for years. I may crap out at some time but that is okay too. 
Get well.

Davit
Thanks Red,

Thanks for the well wishes.  Sorry you have low energy too.  On the bright side, we're in good company 

Shari
Hi Ashley,

I'm still tired, but I have a good attitude.  I'm doing fun restful things, like I ordered a Made in Japan ceramic dog from the Esty shop for my collection.  And, I ordered a book on Chinese calligraphy, so I can practice my Mandarin/Chinese writing. I found out how to spell my name in Chinese, so when the book comes, I can make cards and sign my name.  I've been practicing so much, that the other day when I went to the book store for a Chinese Characters Dictionary, the cashier asked me, "How are you?"  And, I answered, "Hen how." And, she just looked at me.  I showed her the book and she said, "Oh, you're practicing Chinese."  It was funny.  I can only go out for one or two short errands, at the most, and spend the rest of my time resting.  Everyday I say, "I am better today than I was yesterday and my iron levels are improving every day."  I take my ferrous sulfate pill and eat iron rich foods daily.  I read that it takes 4 months for red blood cells to regenerate.  I believe I'll have more energy every day.  I look forward to my weekly physical therapy massage.  I have had no back pain since I've started going.  I go to the same person, because he knows what my pain issues were.  It's a blessing to be pain free.  I'm grateful for my Chinese friends at the physical therapy massage place and also at Japan Express. They are all so friendly and happy to see me, they make my day.  The other night, I had a dream that I was in Italy looking for ceramic dogs and I brought my Chihuahuas (real dogs) with me.  In the dream I had three Chihuahuas and in reality I have two.  I was carrying them in my arms, because there was a plague of mice that covered the streets and the mice were up to my calves. So, I looked up what the symbolic meaning of it was, on a dream interpretation website, and it was accurate.  Dreaming of mice indicates that I am spending too much time dwelling on minor problems and insignificant matters. Once I realized that, I stopped thinking about all the small stuff and I've been happy ever since.  So, too late for a long story short, but today I am better than I was yesterday.  Thank you for asking Ashley.  It means a lot.

Shari

10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs and Shari,.
I am with you and the Turtles this year..I am going to take it a lot slower this year..It has taken me a while to understand the important of doing this in my life..

Shari hope you are feeling better soon..I understand not having any energy lately..I have been laid up with gastric issues again..So I am taking it easy too..

Hugs this was perfect timing with your post on pacing ourselves.

Thanks.
Red. :)

10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ha!

Great idea hugs. What will be on the list of items to do (or not to do) for World Turtle Week?

I'm sorry you're not feeling well Shari. How are you feeling today?

Ashley, Health Educator
Hugs,

Struggling today with anemia and feel really weak, no energy, tired, so all I could muster are brief replies.  I just don't feel like my normal chatty self today.  Just wanted to let you know, so you understand where I'm coming from today.  I'm still positive despite feeling exhausted.  I know this is just temporary and I'm on the mend.  The drop in energy usually happens around this time of day.  Will chat more when I'm up to it.  Just wanted to let you know, it's not you or anyone, I'm just physically drained.

Your Friend, Shari
You bet!

Shari :-)

Reading this thread: