Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

Comical moments in My Day

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Friday, my parent's homemaker suggested I tidy up the wiring from behind the TV console.  My visiting brother chimed in later, so i decided to do it before I went to bed, which was untimely.  My temporary creative solution was to run the wires through a plastic cyclinder 3 feet long, so the wires were contained, and not a tripping hazard, closer to the outside wall behind the tv.

The surge protector, has a number of wires connected to it, and I untangled the wires, but couldn't reset the power strip or surge protector.   I was about to give up, but surfed the internet to figure out how to reset the surge protector.  I feared I wasn't going to sleep, have to get up early for grocery delivery, have to get up early since my back hurts anyway and I can't sleep, and face mom's displeasure in the morning, and the visitors, who would chime in, again tomorrow - a nurse, homemaker, and a sibling who would chide me.

I'm over it and the DVD, VHS, Cable, humidifier and telephone work
I dropped something down the heating pipe, near my bed.  As I stretched my arm into the heating pipe to see if I could retrieve it, my pyjama sleeve stuck in the heating pipe ducting on some screws.  I relaxed enough to tear my sleeve out.

Just another anecdote on my comical journey through life...too many stories, not enough time to tell them
I was on the way to a nice poached egg this morning, until I tried to do something else, and the poaching pot was spilling over.  I set  a nice tea towel on fire, but retained my poise.  The egg looks okay though.

I guess I should swtich from multi-- to monotasking

Wound up because I couldn't undo the knot on my mom's apron, I gave up mom realized I was too wound up to figure it out.  I put my hands on my face, grimacing in embarassment, since my life has been reduced, I felt, to something less than whatever I must have wanted.

It was hard comparing myself to the judges on "The X Factor", and their celebrity status last night, as I flipped from that show to the Soul Train awards with more beautiful, talented celebs.

I almost wanted to just take a pair of scissors to cut the darn strand, with that knot on the back of that apron, to bring you back to my frustration.

Now I know why they teach you to tie the knot at the front in cooking schools(and tuck it under a folded over apron so you don't catch it on something).

I could use a safety pin

11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I enjoy International instant coffee which has a variety of flavors.  I bought Irish Creme Cappuccino.  I poured the instant coffee mix in into the hot water and it popped, crackled, exploded and turned into a volcanic concoction, like a child's science experiment.  Well, I wasn't about to drink it.  So, I had nothing better to do than to call the toll free number on the coffee canister and tell someone of this experiment gone wrong.  I described my volcano coffee, which by then was over flowing like Mount Vesuvius, and the man put me on hold.  He came back on and calmly stated that for their cappuccino drinks that they "instill gas" into their coffee product.  How either one of us didn't lose our composure, I will never know.  I thanked him kindly and hung up the phone and proceeded to fall onto the ground and laughed hysterically.  So, I basically, had a flatulent cup of coffee.  I came up with all sorts of childish names for it.  Instead of a frappuccino, I called it a fartaccinno, I amused myself with several others that I can't remember now, probably from the sheer comic disbelief of it all. Well, back to my Irish Creme Fartaccinno :)

Shari
Last weekend, I attended a gardening workshop in a nice part of town, attended by many affluent members of the society.

As a visitor, from the other side of the tracks, I tried not to stand out.

When I went home, I noticed there was a leaf stuck to my jack sleeve, the entire time I was there, totally over 3 hours.

I supposed environmentalists shouldn't be critical though, and looking back, I don't care much, unlike the past
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Living in the area that we do has it's plus, it is quiet and peaceful but the downside is that to go to a major city costs a hundred dollars for gas. I never thought I would shop on line but I do. I buy tools from Lee Valley and cloths from Sears. Sears because I'm not that proud and Lee Valley has a "they pay the freight sale" a few times a year. I have one credit card especially for this with a low limit. I deposit money to it if I need more credit. 
Sunny still shops in bigger centres if she is there but I don't usually go because I have a hard time getting around and sometimes when she visits family, they live in bigger centres so she shops there. We also take advantage of bulk sales and stock up. I'd rather spend all day on a tractor than shop. 
Now here is the downside of shopping on line. Some times it is impossible to find what you want even though they have it. The other thing is you can spend all day looking. So far I have not had to send anything back. Even if you do drive to the store, it is nice to know they have it before you go. 
I actually live in moccasin slippers because they slip on and off easy and I am in and out of the house too often to deal with laces.

Davit

Davit
Hi V,
I guess I could provide some eye candy too, if I looked differently.  I wonder what to do with my mint condition GQ collection, as I declutter my life
11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It sounds like starting with new runners is a good idea!  Especially since you are on your feet all day. 
Your feet & legs & back will be thanking you.

Hi Vincenza,
I'm not really materialistic, so its hard to associate change with things.

I did deal with change once in a unique way.  I was being promoted, from a blue collar job to a white collar IT job.  I made a computer cover with part of my previous uniform, so I could retain a piece of the past job.

I accidently did feel some change when I recently discarded some runners which I used at a gym.  Now I only have the runners I use at the gym, and use them at home too, since I need something sturdy inside, due to my big floppy feet.

I was planning to get new runners, but now have to get two pairs of shoes, so I feel some mounting pressure. 

Accumulating stuff isn't something I want, but I suppose I could start small, with the runners, since it might be easier.  Shopping isn't my favourite activity, and there are so many things to do, as a caregiver, that I feel I'm constantly on some treadmill.

I wish I could download shoes from an "APP" as needed, but I suppose I'll have to wait

Reading this thread: