Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

sewing

15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,
I started the Belly Dancing DVD.  ITs quite tough, I was really sweating and giggling.  No one was home, or hubby would of been laughing.  hehe.
I got a beginners dvd from the library.  It was fun tho, I did a couple of combinations and I was so sweaty I stopped till next time, but it was loads of fun.
I hope to do it this week again.
Thanks Diva:)
what fun!

Diva I found this recipe for bread, its almost sweet.  I baked 2 again for this last weekend and we had stew, and then a bbq and everyone enjoyed it, my nephew of 9 just loves it, and took the last half home:)
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys thanks for the replies!

Miki, I am sorry to hear belly dancing got cancelled. I am glad though that you are enjoying your aerobics with your sister!

Minnessota, you make your own bread? Mium! As for you trying the belly dancing, it is fun no? Glad you are enjoying but yes it is very hard work. After and hour of it I am sore, sweaty and exhausted lol

Thanks gfuys for your replies and have fun with all your great activities!

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lol you dont want to know the image i have in my head atm
HI,I just tried the belly dance dvd, its quite hard work, all the little shimmy this and shimmy that..i'm sweating..hehe!!! its fun tho, i'm going to do more later, i have to get back to making the bread..!!!

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done you Diva  . Arnt you all doing well , belly dancing has always looked like fun to me .
Planning to do my belly dancing dvd today, I have a lot of chores but while the bread is rising, i'm going to watch the dvd and try it out:) will keep ya posted:)
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva,
I"m glad that yoga did it for you. Unfortunately for me, the belly dancing class was canceled all together. But I still do my aerobics dvd at home and it always makes me feel refreshed and rejuvanated. Lately, my sister has joined me and we have a lot of fun together. I am thinking of taking some yoga classes again also at school. 

Went to yoga again today. Was having an aweful time most of the day. With everything going on atm I felt really bad. Nothing I could not handle but it felt bad nevertheless. Felt super anxious! All my muscles were tight and I kept feeling my throat tight. I was so revved up that I evden noticed I was talking higher lol. Anyway, because of this I almost did not go to my yoga. I was afraid I would Panic once I got there. That would have been a mistake.

I went and at first I felt anxious. But I challenged my thoughts and did lots of self-talk. Then class started and it was wonderful. I had so much fun! I think once september rolls around I will sign up for the regular set of classes. I feel so relaxed even shows in my voice. After Yoga I was back at my "lazy super relaxed slept-in feeling great just woke up voice". LOL.
Anyway, feeling calmer and more grounded then I have felt in days! Sure glad I went!

There will be no yoga for the next three weeks but when it starts up again I sure will go!

15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,   So great to hear that you went out of your comfort zone and enjoyed yourself!   Keep up the great work!     Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
Hello Guys,

Thanks for the replies and the encouragement about the yoga. I do plan to go back next week!And yes, tired and relaxed is how the yoga made me feel lol!

Miki, I think it is so cool that you signed up for belly dancing! Too bad they postponed but I have so much fun when I go! I am planning on signing up again as soon as I can!

Reading this thread: