Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

1st downturn in a week

12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wrestler,
Thanks for posting the picture.  Totally looks like she is smiling for the camera!
Your turtles must help ground you when you need it most.  Nature has an amazing way of speaking to 
us if we keep open hearts and minds...

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'd love turtles but I'd have to bring them in for the winter. 

Davit.
12 years ago 0 195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would post more pictures of our turtles, but I don't know how or if it's possible. We have 5 turtles all together.
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Turtles tummies are so ornamental too! 

One thing about members' avatars that is funny is that sometimes I've seen previous posts, and people refer to themselves in their old avatar, after they've changed their avatar.

The reference to themselves in the past ends up referring to themselves as a horse, or in this case, a turtle!

Wrestler, it's okay, since we all figure it out eventually
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Me too!  What a pretty pattern on its back, and it does look like a smile. Love it.  Thanks for posting.  More please!  I'd like to meet all your turtles. It made me smile and feel happy.

Sunny
12 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OH wrestler!  I love, LOVE the turtles.  Aren't they wonderful?! Slow and steady... would like to be more like them for sure.  In our neighborhood someone lost an 80 year old tortoise who ended up at the local shelter... I wanted to adopt him... but the owners claimed in before too long.  I'm glad he is home... his name was DUDE :)... I just really would like to have a turtle/tortoise in my yard.  We do have a few toads... they are pretty cool too 
OK, Sunny the box turtle is now my profile pic. Took that with a really cheap cell phone camera about 2 1/2 years ago. She grown a lot since. I love this photo because it looks like she's smiling.
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Support group options.

Davit.
Almost forgot. Today was a day I was able to venture into Whole Foods and buy something. It's easier to do so when I'm using my own car.

I used to have no trouble doing this at all, but the increased anxiety problems I am having makes it hard.

David
Regarding the turtle pics:

I cannot find where to change my profile picture. Can anyone help?

Regarding the symptoms and what percentage of happiness can be obtained, I would say I am 50-50 right now. I told my new pschychiatrist that and he said, "you mean you're failing?" I balked for a second and said I feel good sometimes and bad sometimes. That's 50-50.

Before all this panic and confusion and anxiety and OCD and foggy memory and depression started this time around, I would say I was about 75-80% much of the time. Still had some problems, but I could confront them or they'd just be around a little while (25% of the time). It's just that this time it lasted past those months where it still could be called SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder).

Today starts my second week of Lexapro. What I felt the first week were minimal symptoms. Some digestion. Some of what I described yesterday, and a bit of unease with some dissociation or derealization mixed in. Davit said the first week must have been all me making myself feel good because it doesn't work that fast. This I trust.

I worked 5 hours today, and did not have the same feeling as yesterday, but I was still in a fog and still was about 50%. It also doesn't help that nothing stays the same at work. They are always tinkering with our heads.

My latest really bad anxiety period did worsen over the winter, as I stated, but got worse over time. Back in December, I had bad OCD about something possibly being wrong with my colon. Turned out to be kidney stones, but I know stress played a part. The stones were what landed me in the ER the day after Christmas. I thought maybe I was building the whole thing up in my head. That was also around the time we had to put our cat down. That's the cat my Wife had since 1991. It made me feel helpless that I could not make my wife's pain go away.

But anyway, I a rambling. I need to make another appointment with my therapist.

I must add that I do feel a little something happening from the Lexapro. I know far better feelings are not far off.

David

Reading this thread: