Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

I called in sick today

12 years ago 0 195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Everyone,

Had a great visit with the new doctor today. He was much more inquisitive than the one I went to in August. And he did not take a call during the appointment like the other doctor did. The office staff was also very nice.

I gave him three pages of history to read. We talked about some of my symptoms and anxieties and OCD.

He suggested Lexapro. He said it was a "less dirty drug than Paxil or Prozac." Meaning less side effects. He also said not to decrease any meds just yet, but advised to stop the 5-HTP I was taking. That's all I'll say because I know we're not supposed to talk too much about drugs here.

I see my therapist on Wednesday night. I asked the doctor if I could wait until the weekend to start, and he said OK.

David
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for keeping us updated Wrestler.  I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.
Hope you have a good day tomorrow and good luck with the new psychiatrist.

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think this is good. Yes.

Davit.
Some updates:
I stopped taking gaba at bedtime 3 days ago. Not all, but some of the fog in my brain has lifted. Short term memory has improved. My therapist had suggested maybe the gaba was causing more trouble than it was helping. I have listened to my abolish anxiety mp3 2 nights. Almost made it through the whole thing without falling asleep last night. I am also taking less diazepam. It really seemed to help last night as I slept very well.

Tomorrow is my appointment with the second pschychiatrist to get a second opinion. Wednesday I see my therapist.
You know this can go a long ways to counter the negative and thinking on pleasant things like this is one of those coping skills we talk about. You probably have buckets of good memories like this that you can use.
I did like this post. Gone to look for Hotel California and play it. 

Davit.
I'm going to lighten up this thread:

Another thing that happened this week that's another one of those coincidences that makes you think.
I was doing a home inspection the other day. I noticed on the wall was a Platinum record of the Eagles' "Hell Freezes Over" encased in glass. I guess the owner of the house is a fan. I am also a huge Eagles fan. That was their reunion album in 1994.

I finished the inspection, and get in my truck, and the very next song on the radio was the live acoustic version of Hotel California from that very album. Weird, huh?

There's another Eagles episode in my life. The song my wife and I did our first dance to from our wedding on Jan 14, 2006, was "Love Will Keep Us Alive," by the Eagles, from that same live album. One year later, January 14, 2007, we returned to the site of our wedding and went into the Lighthouse gift shop near where we got married. One the radio in that very shop was "Love Will Keep Us Alive," by the Eagles, from that same album. we were only there a few minutes and found it so neat that it was on the radio at that moment.

To cap this off, the version of Hotel California I referred to earlier was on the radio right when I first told my girlfriend/wife to be that I loved her in 2005.

The thing that ties this all together is in each instance, it was the same station. 98.9.
Just thought I'd share that.
David
Or is it just focusing on good thoughts that were always there just buried? Sometimes things work, sometimes they don't.

Davit.

Just to let everyone know. Don't forget this is a forum and this is just discussion. Although everything I discuss works for me or has a sound background it is still only discussion. And I am not a Doctor just well read and well advised. Besides only your Doctor can prescribe. No matter what you want they still have the last word. The Forum is till only personal opinion. Like everything else on the internet. Its relevance to you may or may not exist. 
Still CBT does work, medication is just a bandaid, do what you will with it.

Davit.

Tell me if you think this is one of those things that’s was supposed to happen or maybe just good luck.

I called the first pschychiatrist's office that my therpist recommended over 2 months ago this morning, around 11:45, and they said they don’t have anything until the middle of October. I was a little disappointed, but I took that appointment, but they also told me that I could be on a waiting list incase anyone cancels. I said great. Let me know. I get a call today a little after 3, while I was doing an inspection. It was Dr. Balsam’s office, and they said someone had cancelled and they had an opening this Monday at 12:15. I told her I don’t have my schedule with me for that day, but I would call them back. They closed at 4, but she said if I confirm by early Monday morning, that I can still have the appointment. I get back to the office and my schedule is open from around 10 am to 1 pm. My schedule is normally full around that time of day and is normally full anyway. So I asked the general manager of our office if I could come in that day, do my first appointment, and then take care something personal downtown, and be back a little after 1 pm for some more appointments. He said sure, just mark your schedule book to make no appointments for that time.

I was grateful.

Fate. Luck. Coincidence. Either way I am now taking care of this part of the puzzle. I am ready to listen to what this highly recommended doctor has to say about my condition and what actions I need to take. I am not in the place I want to be right now and I want to get back on track. My therapist asked if I want to see her Wednesday night. I am planning on that as well.

12 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Legally we cannot answer medical questions on this site; so the answer is no we haven't considered having a pharmacist come in.

We aim to have the discussions focused on support and CBT.  Medical related questions should be brought to your doctor.

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley,
Did you ever think of having a pharmacist visit periodically to field questions?

Reading this thread: