Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I called in sick today

12 years ago 0 195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My therapist and I talked about OCD jokes the other night. She has always known I love comedy. Laughter has always helped me. There was one joke about Popeye needing spinach everytime something went wrong. I don't remember the whole thing. Hard to find it online.

My wife and I always watch a lot of funny stuff. If anyone gets the chance, check out a British actress named Catherine Tate. She had a skit show for 3 years in England. Very funny. She was also in Doctor WHO for one season.

I had a busy day. That is after I took a long nap after my wife left for her class. The cats enjoyed the company.

So I then got up and started doing some laundry and then did yoga for 45 minutes and then weights.

I also cleaned the turtle tank and filter, and fed the outside turtles and then fed the cats.

Busy day. I am beat. Time for dinner.

Thanks for the support,
David
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is funny, A definite sign of improvement hey!

Davit.
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
  lol! Vincenza, Health Educator
Actually, Davit, you should have been watching the sky for that satellite that plumeted to earth. LOL.

It's interesting how you say you hope my OCD does not make focus on it too much. Interesting paradox or Catch 22.

I did feel a bit sleeping earlier, so I took a nap. My wife is taking a class today for her Masters, so I just relaxed for a while. She wishes she could have.

Going into the next room for my workout now. Yoga and weights.

Joke I found:

A Stanford Medical research group advertised for participants in a
study of obsessive-compulsive disorder.

They were looking for therapy clients who had been diagnosed with this
disorder.

The response was gratifying; they got 3,879 responses one hour after
the ad came out.

All from the same person.

12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wrestler:  Thinking of you today and hoping it goes well.  As Davit says, don't focus on it too much, go about and do what you usually do on the wknds.  Have some fun.  All those listed side effects have to be printed up, doesn't mean we get them.  They just have to cover their asses.  oooops, did I write that?  In any case, after a couple of wks. if you are lucky as I was, they all go away.

Sunny
Ok

I will watch the sky incase you have a nuclear melt down. Here is hoping your OCD will not make you focus on it too much. Hoping it works for you too.

Davit.
OK, there... I took my first one.
Davit,

I was on the world's most famous SSRI (prozac) from 1993-2003. I was really bad back in 1993 when I started it. One hospital stay helped wean me off what I was on and then and then on Prozac. My bad first marriage at the time was not helping things. Prozac seemed to help for those years. I got off it quite easily when I chose to try a natural route, while still taking a tryciclic.

David
Hi. 

Well that is tomorrow, or today where ever you are. Yeah, the listed side effects can be scary. They usually are not bad for most people. You never know till you try. Nothing ventured nothing gained. If it doesn't work you can always quit. I presume since you don't say otherwise that you are doing good. Keep in touch.

Davit.
Well I start Lexapro Saturday morning.

I had a very good visit with my therapist on Wednesday night. Been feeling mostly positive ever since, and especially since the CBT work with her and ending the natural supplement, Gaba, that I was taking, but did not realize was one of the culprits of my short term memory loss, most likely. The memory has improved.

The pharmacist scared me more about the symptoms of Lexapro than the Doctor did.

David

Reading this thread: