Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Worse as the day goes on

13 years ago 0 56 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are right, it is difficult to be patient. I think it's because I felt fine a few weeks ago and I'm having trouble comprehending why I can't just feel fine again now. 

I have my first visit with a therapist this week so I'm hoping that by working through this program and seeing a therapist I can make progress towards feeling better.
13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashepp,
It's great to hear you take your time.  I find it hard to be patient with this condition, isn't it?
Thanks everyone.

I'm going about my normal routine (I'm trying not to avoid anything because of fear) but I've just been this way since my first panic attack. It's discouraging because in the morning I think I'm fine but then as the day progresses the anxiety and often panic come back. I know part of it is that I do fear the panic and I'm trying to get over that.

I've been working through the program, I'm just trying to take my time with it because I have a tendency to rush things. 
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ashepp3

Ashley, usually when panic or anxiety gets worse at a consistent time, it is because at some time something uncomfortable used to happen at that time. It can be any thing from a time back in your childhood right up to recent. It can also be hard to find. It is not really necessary to know what it is only that it is. The reason you don't always get it is likely that you are occupied with something totally unrelated so it doesn't effect you. That is one way of ruling out what it isn't. After you get through relaxation and coping skills you can start on doing exposure to what you think it is that you fear, be it real or imagined. I say this because some times there is justification for anxiety, just not for it to turn to panic.
The program and CBT will give you the skills to deal with it.

Oh I should mention also that something pleasant might have happened at that specific time and isn't anymore and that fact is subconsciously plaguing you. Or something happened to stop it and you don't know why or what to do about it.

Here for you,
Davit.
13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ashepp3

This system is in the “Beta” phase, and it’s hard to collect the data, as a start, but I can’t really remember my particulars. I’d guess my resistance get worse with fatigue, but it’s so particular to our circumstances, and different triggers around us.

When you start the programme, there are forms to complete to help challenge and support you, so you can work with professional and progress.

Look under the toolbar “toolbox” for the “symptom tracker”. Click the symptom tracker, and see the detail which will come from forms you’ll complete. 

Maybe you could suggest  the forms include a time thru the feedback section(toolbar at the bottom of the forum homepage)?

I use a similar form, from another book, which includes the date and time, so I would find it easy to adapt to this site’s tracking.  I've done most of the programme, and a lot of things which are complementary and some are different.

This condition makes it hard to be self-disciplined, but it’s self-paced, so nobody’s judging. I do fall into the trap of comparing though...

13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashepp,

The cycle you mention is fairly common- as the day progresses, we have more to deal with and interact with more people and challenges. Does this ring true with you? Are you working through the program? What are you doing that helps during the day?

Tiana, Health Educator
Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone else's anxiety and panic get worse as the day goes on. I usually wake up feeling okay. Then anxiety starts to pick up in the afternoon. Then it gets really bad in the evening although it sometimes eases up before bedtime if I'm lucky. 

It's very tough because I feel like I'm recovering and then the day continues and it gets overwhelming. 

Reading this thread: