Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

The length of a panic attack

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
brandie.

Take the time to discuss your concerns with your doctor and see if you can come with a plan that is right for you and your body.  As above, do keep journal so that you can better pinpoint the time frame and triggers that surround that time of the month.

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just found this discussion for some reason. Anyways I am exactly the same way. Very anxious the week before and the week of. My doctor gave me a new med for those two weeks, but i really don't want to take it. I am wanting to blame it on my mirena but not sure.
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
much,

This may be a good time to keep a journal. Track your episodes and emotions and take the time to go over them with your doctor.  You may be able to pinpoint areas to work on.

Do a search through the site to see what other members have experienced.

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi mich991
Yes im more anxious when its the tim eof the month, i have anxiety all month but it gets worse for the same 2 weeks you mentioned, maybe its the hormones that cause it to get worse at that time
15 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello,

I am wondering if anxiety can have anything to do with a women's cycle. I find that I am most anxious for two weeks in a month and they are usually the week before my period and the week of. I don't know if this is coincidence or if anxiety can be linked to it. Some months I am anxious all the time but most months I seem to only be anxious for 10 to 12 days straight a month and then it goes away for a couple weeks. I have just started noticing this for the past 6 months or so and I am not sure if there is a common link between a women's cycle and anxiety. Any input would be very much appreciated!!
15 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel anxiety all day everyday, from the minute i wake up to the point of going sleep and then wake up with it in the night to sometimes, its mainly the heartbeat that is just fast and pounding all day, at certain points in the day ill get a few other symptoms, such as going hot, dry mouth, shaking ect its worse when im left on my own at home, its like someone else mentioned, what do you do when your constantly anxious in your "safe place" and thats the only place you ever are, theres no way of escaping it, i dont often have full blown panic attacks (thankfully) its more the fear of the attack and the constant negative and anxious thoughts,. so untell i beat these then the anxiety aint budging, i recommened everyone do the sessions, they are helping alot, im still struggling on the challenging thoughts but im sure i will get there like im sure everyone else will, the main bit im scared about is "letting" the panic attack happen, i just cant sit there and let it happen, it scares me to much.
Everyone on here has already achieved so much by coming onto the site and looking for help and i hope 1 day you will all be panic and anxiety free x
15 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've noticed that the anticipatory anxiety is the worst.  That can last all day or longer.  The actual panic attacks usually last anywhere from 5-10 minutes for me.  The anticipation and the after-effects of a PA is the WORST!
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brandie,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

You have asked a good question about the difference between high anxiety and panic. Members, what are your thought's on Brandie's question?

Sarah, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is an old forum, but for anyone reading it. I had pretty bad panic that lasted about 5 hours. I think what may have been actually happening is that I was having one right after another, due to the fear of another. I'm almost to the point i can't tell the difference between high anxiety and panic. My first one was problably only 20 minutes, but felt like an all day affair. Left me shaken, depressed, and physically drained, dizzy, you name it. 
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi tesha, I have had cyclical panic attacks may times in the past. I find that since I have better thought challenging tools and other tools offered in the program, I am more capable of stopping it in it's tracks. My panic disorder has way lesspower on my life then it used to. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I know how it feels and how bad it can be. I also wanted to let you know that it can get better. -Diva

Reading this thread: