Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Scared

14 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Scared,
I'm new to this program, on my 3rd week and I'm already feeling better. I'm wondering if you had anxiety at all 6 months ago? I have had anxiety all my life but it can be worst at times and less so at other times. I found that my anxiety spiked a couple of months ago and a little bit of that was related to the allergy med. Singular that I was taking. When I stopped taking the allergy med. my anxiety went down. I want it to go away so I'm sticking with this program but it is really helping me alot. I was getting really desparate with the anxiety but I'm finding that this anxiety is kind of like believing in a made up story  that I really believed was true and now I find it was just a fairy tale. So there is really a lot of hope and you will feel better. Shel
14 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been searching for answers for quite some time. My anxiety began about 4-6 mths ago and has progressed to daily panic/anxiety attacks. Quite often times, when I'm sleeping. Now, I'm at the point where I can't drive although, I try driving short distances with a "safety person" in the passenger seat. I experience nausea / vomitting when I'm in public. Work, cars, and people seem to be my triggers, but I still experience random panic/anxiety attacks. I'm seeing a physician weekly, a counselor weekly, on celexa,buspar, xanax, and have been out of work for the last week and a half. Seeing the physician and counselor is enough to throw me into a panic. I think the meds have minimized my shaking, but its still there. At times I tremble inside.
I know part of the panic attacks is the fear of having panic attacks. Knowing this helps but, also makes me feel like I'm creating all of this. I feel like a weak, crazy person. I hate it living in fear, not to mentioned drugged up. When will I feel relief???

Reading this thread: