Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Hiya everyone

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Zoe,

Thanks for not finding me too rambly lol. I am so glad you are feeling more positive and hopeful. That feeling is often what has pushed me to do my homework and it has often been the beginning of my getting better! And I am better. My life today is so much better. I still have tough days, everyone does. But I am so much better. And this site helped! So use it and keep us posted on your progress!

HEy Karen,

Most welcome! Sharing is important. It helps others sometimes hopefully but I think it also thelps those telling their own stories! Plus the more knowledge and wisdom we share the better we all are in the long run!
15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,

Thanks for sharing your story with Zoe .  Zoe, about your location, under Support Group Options, you may choose to not dsiplay your location.  

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No need to apologise, its good to read someones story, going from strength to strength, it really does give others hope of getting better. Sounds like you had a hard time of it diva and you have come out the other side, i will deffo carry on with the program, since it stopped me going on my other one(zoe) and ive signed up again, it seems to have more features, although it says im from canada and im from uk lol. This is the most positive ive felt about getting better for ages, i only feel safe going out with my mum at moment, but i never see her so dont get out at all, i dont feel safe going out with my partner as he said i was making it up for attention when i first started with it and for a few years he used to make me feel guilty and put me down about it when we argued, he dont any more though but now i need work at the trust with him to go out with him, he does alot for me though, im hoping that ill feel a little better for xmas so that i can enjoy it with my kids

xx
Btw, sorry if my answer was rambly or unclear, I am hyper tonight and it makes my writting style erratic!
HEy Zoe,

Sorry for the late reply! I was diagnosed a very long time ago. I had a few rough patches. I was diagnosed as an early teenager. Became homebouns unless my mom was with me. And even then I was scared. Did some therapy and it helped. Finished high school and went to college. I met my husband and moved in with him. Then it got really bad again. I got agoraphobic again. Same deal, could only go out with mom or hubby and even then it was scary and I did it seldomly. I did therapy, meds (lots of meds!), group therapy, etc, the works! Then I met my current therapist. He is costly but wonderful, extremely good. He saved my life! I got better. Went to school. Was doing great! Was off all meds. Then Ihad a relapse. Except I could not afford to go see my therapist as much as I needed. I was having trouble leaving the house. Was having trouble staying home alone. I would be shaking in my boots non-stop. Then I found this site! And I had immediate relief to have support here! Then I showed the program to my therapist and he was thrilled! So I saw my therapist when I could afford it (maybe once a month) and did the program here. And it changed my life. The program here is so good. If you do the work, it will pay off. I won't lie, It is hard work but it is worth it! It pays off! The program here is amazing and it helped me so much. I truely believe in this program! So give it a good try and you will get to where you want to go! But hey, if you can afford it, once you manage to go out (the program will help you get there if you work it) you can always do like me and see a therapist also! And hey, if you can go out accompanied like I could, you can do both now. But if you are asking if I think this program can help you, yes I truely do. It is hardwork but it is great!
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

From what I hear, it eventually goes away...but it's like a lit candle, takes awhile to fully burn out.

15 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just to let you know that im zoe i had to re-register because it was saying my email address wasnt valid when i was trying sign in today
15 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva did you get better by using this site and the weekly sessions or did you do something else as well, also how long did it take for you to be able to go out on your own? Sounds like you have done really well and have achevied alot

thanks jhori82 one of the main reasons i have stopped is because it was making me feel more anxious and panicy, 6 days today and my god its hard lol mainly at night when the kids are in bed and im settling down but oh well it will pass (i hope lol)
good luck to you for when you decide to quit
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck with quitting smoking Zoe, I know the hell that creates all too well. 
One day I'll quit too, just not today.
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Zoe,   Welcome to our support community.  As you can see their is lots of great advice from members that do know where you are coming from.   Yes, the program can help with exposure therapy, exercises, support and knowledge, so please take a look and ask questions.  For week 2 continue writing it down so that you can compare and make notes from week one and week two.   Your quitting smoking as well is commendable!  Need help??  Go to our sister site at StopSmokingCenter.net .  It also has a great support group and program to help you keep quit!
  You are setting a great example for your children and this is an amazing start!
    Josie, Health Educator

Reading this thread: