Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Lynn123

2024-03-18 10:20 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-17 1:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 6:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Myth or Fact

2024-02-23 3:25 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 1 1

Most Loved

Browse through 411.740 posts in 47.052 threads.

160,396 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GRHODA MAUI MARIE, Enordin, IRN, MNICOLE, AYNA NICOLE

Giving Up

11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunflower,

You sound like you're doing really well and I'm so happy for you :)

Christmas is going fantastic.  I've started a meet up coffee social on Wednesday mornings.  My daughter came for the weekend and we had such fun.  I almost adopted a Hermit Crab today :)  I wrote in more detail in my posts on my thread, I Took A Huge Risk.  It's great catching up with you :)

Shari
11 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shari,

I am doing ok, getting better. I actually went to the flower shop and worked a shift. I was fine. I felt really good, my confidence got a lot higher.
Then I went home and had an allergic reaction. I couldn't breathe well and my throat was very tight and narrow. Basically I discovered that I am allergic to a lot of flowers now. After all my stressing about getting a floral job it is kind of humorous in a way. 

I decided to keep the confidence and turn down the job obviously. I actually had to sleep with cough candies in my mouth because my throat hurt so much. I then interviewed for a position in a library. I am going for a second interview probably in January. I really want this job. Nice and quiet, lots of order. I am really hoping for this position.

In the meantime I am going for another interview tomorrow at a daycare. It is as an assistant and not a head teacher so I am feeling really good about it. They know I am qualified as a head teacher but want only assisting positions so I am hoping it goes well. I love the idea of not being in charge. So much less pressure. I used to be an assistant for about 3 years and I loved it. Our government came along and regulated the daycare industry and made training mandatory. A free 2 year college course came along and I took it. I ended up with high credentials but still wanted to just assist. 

I also got accepted into a program with the Canadian Mental Health Association where I am assigned a counselor and they will help me find work and get help. I also got into another program called Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction. So even if the jobs don't work out I finally found help.

Otherwise everything else is going well. Christmas is coming fast and I love it. I love Christmas music, the decorations, the lights etc.

I hope you are doing well. How is Christmas for you?
Sunflower,

I miss you.  I hope you are doing well and I hope you don't feel pressured about your job hunt.  I hope I haven't said anything that made you feel like you can't post.  It's okay whether you went to the new flower shop or didn't go.  The thing is, that you are trying and you're doing great.  It's hard putting yourself out there.  I hope I didn't let you down.

Shari
Hi Sunflower,

How did your day at the flower shop go?

Shari
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck SP!
Isn't it ironic that your avatar would change from something so work related!  And love your avatar too...I didn't see it until tuesday
11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck tomorrow sunflower!  Working in the flower shop sounds like a better fit.
Let us know how your day goes!
Aww...Sunflower - I love your Avatar - too cute!!!

I'm doing okay too :)  Thanks for posting and good luck tomorrow!

Shari
Thanks for thinking about  :) I have been thinking about you too.

Sunflower

I am doing ok. I hope you are too. I ended up having major panic and turned down the job. I was a mess. I was so afraid to do a cashier job along with doing floral design that I just couldn't do it. I have such low self-esteem. I ended up interviewing for another job with a flower shop and I got it.

I am supposed to start tomorrow. I hope I can cope.

Sunflower

PS- I have been having problems signing in on here too, I can only use a different browser for some reason.

Hi Sunflower,

How are you today?  I've missed you and have been thinking about you :)

Your friend, Shari

Reading this thread: