Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Lynn123

2024-03-18 10:20 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-17 1:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 6:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Myth or Fact

2024-02-23 3:25 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 1 1

Most Loved

Browse through 411.740 posts in 47.052 threads.

160,396 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GRHODA MAUI MARIE, Enordin, IRN, MNICOLE, AYNA NICOLE

Today

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck Shari,
As for the owl picture - wise minds think alike
11 years ago 0 11209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you for sticking to the job interview sunflower painter. It will certainly be good practice and help build confidence. Be sure to give yourself a nice big reward for going.

Shari! Love the picture. I just saw it now. Must have been so neat to hold the owl.

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Work has been stressful but having a nice long weekend helped a lot. I am about to go for an interview which I am nervous about. It is for a full time position but I am beginning to think that full time is not going to work. My daughter is at home sick again. She seems to be picking up my old habit of larking of school. I used to hate going to school so I missed a lot. I have been trying to be calm etc and not show how sickly I feel but maybe she is picking up on things.

I am going to go to the interview even though I doubt I will take it. I think it will help to build some confidence. I hope :)

Thanks everyone!
Hi Sunflower
Thank you for responding.  I'm not all here, when I'm writing to someone who's user name is "sunflower" and ask what the flower is...

Hope you feel better.

I used to be told, by a mentor, that the disasters which I often predicted would "blow over".  Hope that's true for you.
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunflower,

Everyone makes mistakes.  I'm a firm believer that something good can come out of something bad.  If you got fired, something good can come from it.  Maybe it's so that you can move onto that full time day care position.  And, maybe you wouldn't have tried it if you were still at your other job.  If you didn't get fired, that's great too.  No matter what happens, you can handle it and good things can come from it.  Bad stuff isn't fun to go through, but usually when I look back, I have seen growth in myself in some area.  So, that is positive.  

Shari
My avatar is just a regular sunflower, my favourite flowers. I used to be in floral design and loved using them.

Today's today was not great. My co-worker and I made a huge mistake. I may actually be fired tomorrow. I don't blame them.

Hoping it will be all right.

Sunflower
Hi Sunflower,
Just wondering - is your flower a brown-eyed susan?  I'm planning on planting it, after a gardening workshop gave us some seeds last year.

It's supposed to attract birds
Hi Sunflower,

Thanks; I understand better now :)  I think you are doing great and you will become more calm due to all of the exposure to the stressful situation.  And, the proof is you don't hate your job as much as before :)  Good for you!  I'm proud of you!

Shari
I could stay part time but I am struggling with my job. I work in child care but not in a daycare. I work with agency referred families who are about to lose their kids so the parents are hard to deal with and the kids are also hard to deal with. I am thinking of just going into regular child care work but all the jobs seem full time.

Working full time would help with finances so that is something I am thinking about. Lately though I don't hate my job as much as I did before. I am not sure why.

I am just hoping to become more calm, I am working towards that but it sure isn't easy :)
Hi Sunflower,

Pardon my French, but who says you have to work full time?  Is it a self imposed pressure?  Do you really have to or can you continue part time?  You don't have to answer, it's just something to think about.  Part time would take half the pressure off of you at work and half the pressure off of you regarding wanting to spend time with your daughter.  It's just a thought :)  Be kind to yourself.  If part time works and you like it, just roll with that :)  If it ain't broke, don't fix it :)  We support you whatever you decide - no pressure.  It will work out which ever path you decide to take :)  

Your Friend, Shari

Reading this thread: