Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

having a hard time

14 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit: oh phooey - about the mouse eating seeds you already planted.  Hope he didn't damage too much. Glad to hear your appt. went well and you had enough energy to get your car done too.
I worked a bit on the two toad houses - let's put it this way, I may be keeping these two for myself.  I don't mean to be a perfectionist but the first ones made teach a lot for the next.  I had never made one before. Remember how you can get into your work so that your hands are moving without even thinking about it?  well, I'm not there yet, it's been a long time since I worked with clay and it is more like work right now, but that's o.k.

thank you Red and Anerol for your support today.
Ashley:  you asked if I had seen toads living in them....no, I haven't personally. I've only heard of it. will try it out this summer.

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny 

Appointment went OK. Got new tires put on also, and ordered breaks and struts and shocks. Have another Appointment next week, will try to see the doctor for test results then. Tired but a piece of cake. A mouse got in my greenhouse and ate a lot of seeds, I will have to replant. I caught him.

Davit
14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunny,
Thanks for the update and inspiration. A good cry is always a relief for me too. 

Davit:  forgot to say good luck with your apt. this p.m.
Thank you so much for your understanding.  I did think of you Davit as you are going through a lot physically too.  It is hard to slow down. This last yr. and half has been difficult physically and emotionally as I've written before.  I guess it's not over yet, but I am not giving up hope.  Maybe it's just taking longer than I thought so need to be patient.  Feel weepy today which is actually a good thing for me as I usually repress and block. I guess I can take one feel-sorry-for-myself day mixed with frustration and "what's it all about anyway?" type questions and take it just as it is.  

14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit and Sunny,

I know what you mean about the health problems getting you down and having to accept the fact that you can not do all the things that we want to do.  I have exercise hyper tension.  Meaning my BP goes up on when ever I try to do anything physical.  So I have been told to avoid hills but its more like any type of grade for me.  It is a lot harder doing my yard work now and I have to stop and rest a lot so it takes forever to get anything done.  I guess its time to rest when you can't breath and your turning purple. I have always been able to push myself beyond the limits.  Not anymore I have had to slow down like it or not. My problem is not knowing when to stop before I kill myself.  Not to mention the degenerate joint and disk disease in my spine.  I do not want another back surgery.  I guess I have just put my body through to much over the years and I need to let myself rest when I need to now and stop pushing myself so hard and beating myself up. I tire more easily now just from going out and running errands.  It is hard getting older before your time I do agree and it is very hard to accept.  I'll be thinking of you both while I am resting.

Red 
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Woke up this morning to two inches of fresh snow and the wind howling. It is still coming down. Tulips will be buried. I was prepared for that lost feeling that comes on usually after a good day but this is just plain hilarious. Good thing I don't have to go to town till the afternoon.

Sunny. I have spent the last two years in the hospital during the summer or parts of it, so this year I am going slow and gardening is my priority. My arthritis is unpredictable. If I get a real good day then the next will be crippling. Sometimes the next two. It is so hard to stop in the middle of a project just so I can function the next day. But if I don't then the next day I get to sit in a chair all day and feel that lost feeling that makes me so mad. I am slowly learning to accept that this is as good as it gets so get used to it. My BP wanders all over the place too. A lot of times it skyrockets when I'm tired. I'm on a variable dose of a beta blocker, and when my antibiotics make my BP go up I have another Med I can take. All compatible with each other. The only rule is not to exceed a certain amount and monitor it. If it won't come down to phone the hospital. So far so good. The arthritis has made my body far older than it is in years and it is hard to adjust to that, especially when the sun is shining. When you have to rest remember I am probably doing the same. I'm learning that when I cook something I can freeze to make enough that I can get a few extra meals in the freezer for those bad days. Today I think is going to be one of them. DVDs and frozen cabbage rolls (lazy kind) and lots of tea.

Davit. 
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny,

I am sorry to hear that not feeling well today and that your high blood pressure is getting you down.  I do admire the way you can see the beauty around you.  You toad houses sound so cute and detailed.  I would like to see one some day.  Maybe you can post a picture of one when you are feeling better.  You are so lucky to have such a loving and caring family and they were so supportive of you on Easter.  I wish I still had some family around.  My son lives over a hour away and his job is 3 hours away from where I live. He is a firefighter and works up to 5 days at a time before he can go home to his wife and 2 kids. So I am only able to see him twice a year. Life goes on and so do we.  I hope you will be feeling better soon. You will be in my prayers. Your patio sounds lovely. 
Red

14 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
They sounds lovely Sunny!

What a cute idea!  Have you ever seen toads living in them?

Ashley, Health Educator
thanks Ashley.  I've been making the clay toad houses on a bowl as a form, then decorate with cut leaves.  Not too fancy right now.  You can make them on the wheel, but mine is packed away.  Some toad houses are bedecked with chimney, brooms, windows and window boxes.  They really are quite fantastical, round or square.  

Reading this thread: