Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Lynn123

2024-03-18 10:20 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-17 1:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 6:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Myth or Fact

2024-02-23 3:25 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 1 1

Most Loved

Browse through 411.740 posts in 47.052 threads.

160,396 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GRHODA MAUI MARIE, Enordin, IRN, MNICOLE, AYNA NICOLE

Small Steps

13 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kendra,

Congrats! Awesome!
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kendra,

Congratulations on making it through your first day at your new job...

Taking it One Day at a time!
Red

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kendra:  Congratulations. Thanks for sharing re: first day at work.  Glad everything went well for you.  As you say, one day at a time, one step at a time. Keep the faith.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Small steps, big steps, what is so important is that we are all doing them each day. Even choosing to get out of bed is a plus :)

I did my first day and I was ok. Nothing too exciting, just concentrated on working, being present. Now I can imagine many other challenges and responsibilities that go with my job, but I will approach with a one day at a time philosophy.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Kendra

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kendra,

Being that I was very Agoraphobic when I first came here a year ago I would have to say that for me all the small steps were really big steps which lead me on the road to freedom that I enjoy today...
All steps both big and small move your forward on your road to freedom.
Keep taking those steps and you will get there... Never turn back..Keep moving forward...

Red
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kendra...Wow! If your'e doing things that you used to get your hubby to do...I think those are big steps!
They may not seem like a big deal to other people, but you should see them as big accomplishments!
 Due to my panic I hadn't been to a hairdresser for many years..to me it was a huge accomplishment to go to one...but how many "normal" people would be able to understand this ?To me it was a huge deal, whereas others just think of it as a regular event... See what I mean? Enjoy your successes...small, medium, big...whatever! After making the first phone call, say to yourself"Wow! I did it! Good for me" And soon you will feel more and more confident and positive! Let us know how it goes.
Juanita
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Loves trees:  Just had to respond.  You are right on! I agree, big or small, it is a success and a forward postive motion.  Yay.  Let's celebrate all steps, all sizes.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
At the risk of sounding philosophical, I would chime in to say there is no real way for us to judge what is a small or big step. If you  used to shy away from making phone call appointments and then do one , isn't that a "big" step in its own way? 

A positive step is a positive step and it doesn't matter how big or small it is. It is in the right direction. 

Hallmark has turned these things into cliche's (thanks hallmark) but they still remain true. You are doing good work with yourself!

All successes are successes. Not just philosophically but literally too. Keep it up! I agree with Davit too, big steps come from little steps put together. For sure. 
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you, Kendra! I'm impressed by your motivation and courage! Let us know how it goes. You will do great!!

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kendra,

You will probably find that small steps are part of bigger steps. So I imagine you will be making bigger steps and just not noticing it.

Here for you 
Davit.

Reading this thread: