Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Running

14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,
thanks for the update, I"m really glad it went ok. And thanks for the encouragment. 

14 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad you got through it Red!

Keep us updated!

Proud of you!

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 192 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red:  Thanks for letting us know how it went.  So happy to hear you just had anticipatory anxiety and it stayed there, no panic attacks.  Yes, a big reward for yourself is in order.  Congratulations, you did it.
14 years ago 0 122 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

way to go Red!!!! so happy for you! that just shows how strong you are
and how far you have come!! Hope you do something nice for yourself!
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jury duty update
I just wanted to let everyone know how it went today with jury duty.  I was able to get there on time.  I had some anxiety but I did not go into a panic.  They let us go early because all of the case were plea bargained out or the trials we postponed for a later date.  We were not called in groups of 35 to be questioned which is normally part of the jury selection process because their were not  any trials for us to serve on today.  I did get sick with my ulcerative colonlitis and was in a lot of pain before they let us leave for the day.  Anyway I am glad it is over and that I am now home resting. I should be better by tomorrow. I can not be called again for jury duty for at least 1 year.  I do think I am going to submit a written statement to the court next time for physically reasons and see what happens all the can do is reject it and force me to go anyway.  I also may consider going again, maybe I won't get sick next time being that I have now exposed myself to part of the process.  Well I got to go for now and get myself  well again. Before I go I want to thank everyone for all of their help, support, and prayers.

Red
Hi Red, I'm glad to read that.
I just hoped I didn't make you feel smothered.
How did it go? I haven't checked out the other posts yet, so I'll go see if you've updated.  

Davit and anerol,

There is no need to be sorry and you were not annoying me.  I know you were trying to help me and I want to thank you for that. I am sorry if I seemed short with you.  I was just trying to work some things out in my mind and was describing the situation.  Having your support is very important to me.

Red
Hi Red,
I'm sorry. You know you best and yes, I did worry when I shouldn't have when I don't know the whole story. I just wish things can be easier sometimes. Good luck and please teach me something too. Thanks.

14 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you so much Red!  I really appreciate that.

I am so happy you are not afraid.   I had a tough time asking you those questions because I didn't want to offend you but I knew you had it in you to figure out the answers for yourself.  Your strength is what made me ask those questions Red.  I am so so so so proud of you!!  You are doing awesome and I can't wait for you to tell us about your jury duty!

Ashley, Health Educator
Ashley,

I want to thank you for helping me yesterday, for asking me the right questions, for helping me think this through,
and for helping me work through my issues.  You are very good at what you do and we are so lucky to have you here with us helping us find our way.  I wanted to let you know I am not afraid of doing jury duty anymore. I am confident that I can do it and I am actually looking forward to the challenge.  I am one HUGH step closer to taking control over my life and getting well and it feels GREAT.

Red

Reading this thread: