Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

making plans update

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit,

Thank you for keeping us posted. We are all here for you, check in when you can!

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,

Thanks for the update on your condition.  I really glad to hear that you are in good hands and that they are taking good care of you at the hospital.  I was a little worried this morning when you said you couldn't make it up the 5 steps to your kitchen to make a cup of tea.  You sound like you are in good spirits which I am relieved to hear.  Its nice that you have your laptop with you and really sweet that your therapist is bringing you some muffins tomorrow.  You are really blessed to have so many people that care about you . I am not surprised though because you are a very special person and have helped so many others in need.  Please keep us updated on how you are doing.  You will be in my prayers.

Red
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello people.

I came to the hospital for tests and it was decided that I was too sick to be at home so I will be here for a few days. I have a laptop and aircard so it works quite well here. No panic. My therapist came to check on me. She will be back tomorrow with muffins. Am I spoilt or what.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,

You are being so strong Davit.  So proud of how you are handling all this.  Be sure to keep us updated on all your happenings.  Remember we are right there with you!  

Red!  So happy to hear you are still around!  I have been looking for your name on the forums!    Thanks for posting.

Ashley, Health Educator
Hi people.

I hope you are all having a fine day. I think I am having some replay anxiety this morning which I will treat by saying "I won a few times". I have been consuming to much sugar lately and not getting enough sleep so I don't feel so good but I should be OK. Oh boy look at my writing I even sound tired. It snowed four inches last night so I don't want to go out in it. But I have to be back at the hospital again at ten this morning for more tests. I would love a cup of tea this morning but I still can't get up the five steps to the kitchen, maybe tomorrow. I'll suck up to the cook at the hospital for one. There is no cafeteria. I don't know what the plan is for today. I hope it is not as hectic as yesterday, but if it is I will just have to do my best and hope I stay in one piece. I keep telling all of you that you can do it, so I better just suck it up and prove it right. The Tricyclic definitely helps and except for a bit of dry mouth I can hardly tell I'm on it. I usually hate being on medication so bad I just can't wait to get off. I think I'll stay on a while longer till all the trips back and forth are over. At least I can still think clear. Well, now any way. You will recall my first couple of days. Wow! But then there was so much anticipation I was just being pulled six different ways. It is nice not having the world be such a big scary place.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 192 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit:  Thanks for updating us. That was a big day for sure...nice that your friend Pete was there.  I'll be saying a prayer for you today too.
A friend of mine had to have teeth removed at the hospital because of the roots being so tangled up.  She was swollen for a few days, a wk. later doing great.  I'm hoping it will go well for you too.  Whenever I have to go to hospital, I figure I'm in the right place if something were to happen. lol.
Sounds like the anticipatory anxiety yesterday was greater than the actual appt. anxiety.  I get like that too.  It's great that you didn't have any panic.  Congratulations! 
Thinking of you and saying a prayer.

Davit,

Your strength, courage and ability to turn a negative situation into a positive one is a real inspiration to us all.
I am glad to hear you made it home ok and I will be rooting for you tomorrow. Keep up the good fight.

Red
Hello every body.

I want to thank all of you for your support. I'm tired and have a headache and I've been gone for almost twelve hours. 
There was some mild anxiety at the beginning because I really didn't want to go since it was only confirming what I already knew. Not even a twinge of panic. My friend Pete did his shopping while I was at the hospital and since I was in earlier than we thought I was done an hour sooner so I got to wait in the lobby for an hour with all the people going back and forth. No problem. We did my shopping after and got a burger on the way out of town. At the home hospital My IV was blown so They took it out and I got a needle in the butt instead. Rewarded myself with a Rheuban sandwich and came home. All from a wheel chair. The news is as bad as I thought it would be. And tomorrow morning I have more tests and an ambulance trip maybe back to the Big City. I have Septic Staph infection. And Because of the position of the roots of my teeth they have to come out in a hospital. Whoopee. That is for another day. Today will soon be yesterday and something to think about but not worry over. The crash may come tomorrow but somehow I think not.

Davit.
Davit,

I may not be posting but I have been reading and listening to everyone here most every day.  Please let us know how everything turned out today when you get a chance.  Crash or no crash.  This is a major exposure day and I am very proud of you Davit.  Make sure you reward yourself for today any way you choose.  Maybe a nice strong cup of  that black hot tea that you love. 

I will be checking back to see how you are doing,

Your friend ,
Red
14 years ago 0 122 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Davit,

Hope things went well for you today! Just remember it's just another stepping stone
to better things!

Reading this thread: