Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

dentist tomorrow

15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks, thanks Diva, CD, everyone, i'm still in a bit of pain, but i'm happy its done with, I go back on July 10th for the permanent crown.  The dentist told me "NO NOVOCAINE" for the next visit.yayay
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Congratulations! You go girl!

-Diva
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Minnie YOU did it all by yourself . Well done you
Thanks everyone, and I went without my hubby, which was a first. He called when I got home, and I couldnt talk very well, but he said " hon, i'm proud of you" and then he came home with my favourite icecream from coldstone, so that was sweet of him.  I wasnt in a lot of pain when it wore off, but I couldnt eat much of a dinner, had some beef/veggie soup.  So I cant eat anything sticky for about 2 weeks, but I can manage that:) Thanks again for helping me get through this scary event.
15 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Minn.

Congrats!  Isn't it the most fantastic feeling knowing that you have made such an accomplishment?  I know I felt very proud of myself when I managed to get through my dental visits.

Well done.  That was tough and you did really well.

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Minn,   Great success!  Way to challenge your fear and push through it!   We are very proud of you!

Josie, Health Educator
HI guys/gals, I just got back from the dentist, i'm still numb.  I take the novocaine that doesnt have epinephrin, but the problem is it doesnt work as well as the regular novocaine.  I had to have about 5 shots of that stuff while she was filing down the tooth.  I kept saying "hold on, you can do it, hold on.." The appointment lasted an hour instead of 1/2 an hour, but once the tooth was down it wasnt that bad.   The dentist and her assistant were very nice and I didnt feel any pain from the needles.
I thought of you guys and just closed my eyes and kept saying that I could do it, it wasnt that bad.  Once or twice i had a shooting pain, but then I just thought its almost over.  I have a temporary crown in there, and in two weeks I have to go back for the new one.  They said there wont be any novocaine on that visit.  But i'm so happy I went, I feel a load off my mind and just happy I got through it, I didnt feel dizzy when I left, just so numb.  Thanks for all the encouragement.
15 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Minnesota,

Don't forget to challenge those thoughts!

We are cheering you on!

Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator

hiya guys/gals, i'm going to the dentist today, for a crown, I dont think it will be too bad, they have to shape the tooth and put a temporary crown on, there are 3 appointments.  I"m not having a filling or an extraction, phew!!I had an extraction as I let the problem go too far, now i'm without a tooth (dont worry its way back, you dont notice it when i smile..hehe) I just dont want to let this crown go to far, so i need another one.  My friend is dropping me off and picking me up, so I wont have to worry about going alone. I"m sure they will be taking moulds and stuff for most of the time. Well i'll report back later:)

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Minnie , cooeee . How did you get on today ?

Reading this thread: