Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,524 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

summer storms are here

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mia,

It is understandable that you have a fear of tornadoes. Have you read through the section in the program on anxious thoughts?
Members, any advice? What's worked for you?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had my fears under control for a while, but it seems every spring I start over again. Once I am used to the storms and severe weather forcasts, I do much better. I have been afraid ever since I was a child and my mother would react to severe weather by hiding us under furniture, pacing, and looking out of the windows. I was very careful not to pass my fears on to my children because I didn't want them to suffer as I have. I am feeling a bit better because we had a particularily bad storm last fall. It actually took some of the shingles and siding off of houses in the neighborhood. It also blew our canopy down and blew our lawn furniture away. It was so scarey because the thunder and lightning were constant. I managed to pray and then calm down (as usual) but initially I was terrified. I would have ignored it except my daughter worried for me and told me to come to the basement (normally she doesn't fear storms but this one was BAD)! My husband is neither comforting or supportive. I would like to get over my fears once and for all!
15 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Minnesota, I have found this post of yours very interesting as I have had a major fear of tornadoes since I was young, I don't even live in a high tornado area....and if the weather is severe I am on the look out for them.  You seem to be handling the storms very well and really trying to work through them, that is so good!!!  Congrats on that....
15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks all of you, thanks so much:)
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Minnie you are certainly handling the storms so well now . Thats amazing . Now give yourself a treat  .

CD x
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats minn on making it through the storm! You are making such great progress, you should feel extremely proud of yourself

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow,

Congratulations Minnessota! I am so very proud of you ad happy for you!
15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We had a big storm during the day, I was home sewing, it went dark and windy, so I went downs tairs.  The thunder shook the pictures.  I watched the tv and they said severe thunderstorm.  I was a bit nervous, but I just tried to hold it together.   I was pleased I stuck through it and in about 10 mins it had passed. I told my neighbour and she said " oh you should of come over or gone to val"  I said no..i want to stick with it, I have to, cant keep running all over the place when the weather gets bad.
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 im with the others here . Well done you .
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, great job Minnesota!!! Woo hoooo!

Reading this thread: