Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Quote of the Day Part Two

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.
- Napoleon Hill

I heard a quote this morning from an Asian culture which stated that the best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, and the 2nd best time is now
Winners take chances. Like everyone else, they fear failing, but they refuse to let fear control them.
- Nancy Simms

Yesterday, when I was shopping without a list, which is usually a bad idea, I bought some shrimp at a high price, I thought.  It's been bothering me for a day, but I can telephone, to short-circuit the worry about being over-charged, and maybe get a refund.

The problem is the receipt isnt detailed, since I bought extra fish, weighed at an undisclosed price, so I just have a total, and a burden of worry....
Davit,
This quote from the toolbar is one I can never grasp. I know you`ve explained it before
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm not sure what a quote about fighting a war of attrition has to do with panic. CBT is not a battle, done right it is a gentle rethinking over and over till it becomes habit. There is no loss or pain. If there is then you are trying too fast.

Davit.
The battle is all over except the "shouting" when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.
- Napoleon Hill

Davit,
I still have nightmares about work bullying, and being unable to have a retirement party because the toxic environment vented on me(I was the nice guy in the office, and it was convenient because there was a burning issue at the time, and apparently, nobody has a punching bag or knows anything about libel.  I didn't want to rock the boat, so I wake up with regrets).

I do better when I'm in a social activit(ies/y), but there's a dry spell until mid-january.

Sorry to be a whiner.  A speaker on CBT stated that the depressed personality isn't fun to be with on a saturday night, so I think I understand whether you, or even those work colleagues were so abusive.

There's not much of me left.  I guess I feel burned out, and I'm going to take better care of myself.  It's not too early to start planning for the new year
Hugs

Why do you wake up angry? I'm sure there are things you don't look forward to, most of us have those. What do you look forward too. For me it is my only coffee which I shouldn't drink but do anyway.

Frustrated desires? Well those happen I guess. 

After my brothers near miss with prostate cancer he was all friendly. I waited for the hammer to fall. Leopards don't change their spots. Yesterday it happened. I was right so now he can get out of my life again and I can quit waiting. How many times am I going to do this? I don't know. I'm not like him so I may get sucked in again. Oh well at least he doesn't phone. 

Davit
Use the losses and failures of the past as a reason for action, not inaction.
- Charles J. Givens

Waking up angry daily makes me drained, and concerned.  This quote tells me that either I express or swallow the frustrated desires in me.  I'm afraid of risk, I think
Hi Davit,
I tried to find my commercially made top.  Closest thing I had was a yo yo
Vision is a two edged sword. As in all things it can be negative and lead to negative thoughts and actions.
It can also be depressing if it takes you where you can not follow.

Davit.

Reading this thread: