Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,720 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CeCe2128, Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade

Quote of the Day Part Two

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Many men fail because they quit too soon. They lose faith when the signs are against them. They do not have the courage to hold on, to keep fighting in spite of that which seems insurmountable. If more of us would strike out and attempt the "impossible," we very soon would find the truth of that old saying that nothing is impossible... abolish fear and you can accomplish anything you wish.
- Dr. C. E. Welch

Abolishing the fear is harder than Dr Welch could imagine, from my perspective 

11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs,

I agree!  

Ironically, I've been going through some things and found that "taking a break" is what I also need to do.  We always think we have to DO something, but sometimes we need to rest, wait, or stand, take a break and not do anything.  I mean that mentally, as well as, physically.  I went through my two column list of things I can control and things I can't control and it turns out they were all on the things I can't control side.  So, I didn't put any energy into thinking about them, I am just on rest mode and it really helps and it really works.

Shari
Good to hear Shari!  I was reading my favourite book about "taking a break"(Sabbath) and it described how overwhelmed we are with decisions, and how rest helps making decisions.  That might help with making a big purchase too?

You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough. You must want it with an inner exuberance that erupts through the skin and joins the energy that created the world.
- Sheila Graham

Hi Hugs, 

That's good to hear :)

My daughter wants me to go with her to look at cars tomorrow too.  She's just researching and looking, but will buy soon. 

Shari

Hi Shari,
She seems okay...
Hugs,

My daughter's coming for the weekend, so I'll have to go shortly and pick her up at the bus stop and we're going out to eat and usually stay up late and catch up.  George is taking her to look at cars tomorrow, so I should have some time to check the posts tomorrow unless I go with them.  So, I might be busier this weekend, but will catch up as soon as I can, even if it's after she goes back.  Just wanted you to know in case I wasn't able to respond as quickly.

Have a great weekend!

Shari
Hi Hugs,

Is your Mom doing okay?

Shari
I'd like to hear about anyone finding relief from a chiropractor too

The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.
- Napoleon Hill

11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My Mom's Chiropractor kept taking her money even though he wasn't doing any good. Turns out all the pain was from advanced Cancer. Her GP missed it too. My friend quit going to his Chiropractor after he was diagnosed with Arthritis. It wasn't doing him any good either. I've never been to one even though I've had a lot of pain. But then none of it is in my back. Has ayone got help from one?

Davit
Hi Hugs,

I'll pray for your Mom too.  My girlfriend (who lives up north) goes to a Chiropractor regularly and has excellent results.  I went to one once and had a bad experience.  I felt like I had been worked over like a punching bag and was in more pain afterward than I was before I had the appointment and it took a few weeks for me to recover.  My girlfriend said that my Chiropractor was too rough and some are like that.  Also, I went for a ten minute massage one time.  I'm sure it was reputable, it was at the mall - ha ha.  Initially, I felt relaxed, almost drugged relaxed and then I was pretty sore for a few weeks after.  I think the places I went to get help weren't so great.  I was thinking about acupuncture, my daughter said to be careful about who you let do that stuff to you. So, I think I'll stick with walking and resting with a heating pad, some topical pain creme and my over the counter medicine as needed.  

Shari

Reading this thread: