Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Quote of the day

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The great mountain climber E. Hillary stated that "..it's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves..."
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Some of Gods greatest gifts are unanswered dreams.

Davit.
Quote of the Day:
Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless.
- Thomas A. Edison

Sometimes I take a solution and look for a problem to apply it to.
Hugs4U

Is it any wonder with all the companies flogging our inadequacies that we feel this way. With out this or that we are inferior so buy it and be better. Buy this book it will fix you. And what really are we getting but more debt, more worry and depression. 
The mind is a powerful tool. It can turn the negative around and it can cut through the crap. But there is so much of it and we have been swimming in it for so long is there any wonder we feel like we are drowning. 
Each person should just be themselves and let positive thought dictate there life not all the hype.
About three times a year I manage to take myself totally out of this bulls..t world we live in and just see it as it really is. It is so beautiful it is unbelievable. It doesn't last and I wish it could but conditioning and core beliefs always creep in and ruin it. I'm getting better at separating it though.

Davit.

Quote of the Day:
The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible.
- Richard M. DeVos

Yesterday I was able to focus on something at a gym, and take myself away from the environment.  I couldn't beleive the results, and how I felt different.

What I believe is underestimated, is the power of our mind, will and heart.  Maybe it's the need of the profit-seeking companies that need to convince us to buy their products to "compensate" for our "inadequacies", but we are so gifted, in so many ways.

If only we believed this and carried on, though
Quote of the Day:
Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong.
- Ella Fitzgerald

Either one of these will propel you to success
Quote of the Day:
He can who thinks he can, and he can't who thinks he can't. This is an inexorable, indisputable law.
- Henry Ford

So much can be said for will - it's what arises during crises.  Some athletes perform well too, under difficult circumstances, but sometimes we collapse, as ordinary people.  How to get that balance is so important...

During a recent crisis,
I learned about the power of will and I had to excel, and lost 12 pounds in 24 days!  I wish I could do that on my own!!!  Somethings funny with my tummy, so I'm going to have to finally get an ultrasound....not that I need another worry...

12 years ago 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

davit, that said so well, I have noticed the more I focus on t he panic, the more i tend to be depressed and seem to sit and wait for them, focusing on being mentally strong is tough, but it ends up being worth it.  I love reading your posts , they are so uplifting!  I am doing very well, still have anxiety moments, but no panic!     jaybe

Some days it seems I fall over everything and it just gets so hard getting up over and over but I do it the best I can and so far I have ended each day standing. A little wobbly sometimes and some times I need help but by God I will end my day on my feet not laying on the ground wimpering. Panic is a state of mind, it can not kill you, it just seems like it will. Still it sucks.

Davit.
Quote of the Day:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
- Confucius

Resilience is an appealing trait

Reading this thread: