Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.765 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,096 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee, A-n-o-n

Quote of the day

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

So true.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Quote of the Day:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
- Lou Holtz

There's a lot to be said about will, even in the worst of circumstances.
Quote of the Day:
Failure comes only when we forget our ideals and objectives and principles.
- Jawaharlal Ne
hru

Remembering these is important
It used to be a concern of mine that I was missing out on life. A case of not seeing the forest for the trees. Truth of the matter is when we die we are all equal. The key is to be happy with what you have. It is proven that having more does not make you happy. Happy is a state of mind.
Happy is a commodity that everybody and there dog is trying to sell you. You can buy happy but it wears thin when you can't make the payments. Still it would be nice to have enough money to never have to worry about the bills. Unfortunately it seems to be a state of mind that says if we have money we have to spend it. Money has been a worry since time began, since before there was even money. 

I'm not sure what St. Bartholomew was referring to but it was most likely life in general. And yes there is help out there, whether it is to change a tire or to hold your hand during a panic attack. Seems the more you help the more help is available.

If you believe something hard enough it becomes true. Might as well believe something positive. 

Hugs, I believe imagination would make an interesting thread.

Davit.
Quote of the Day:
Once you begin to believe there is help "out there," you will know it to be true.
- Saint Bartholomew

There is so much life I missed, since I thought I couldn't access some resources, and now they become available.  I can't understand this.  I beleive that our imagination is the key, and what we will let it do.
Yes, enough belief and it becomes "core". Successful people believe in themselves and what they believe is positive. Their core beliefs are positive. Negative to them is only a marker for comparison.

Davit.

Quote of the Day:
Remind yourself regularly that you are better than you think you are. Successful people are not superhuman. Success does not require a super-intellect. Nor is there anything mystical about success. And success isn't based on luck. Successful people are just ordinary folks who have developed belief in themselves and what they do. Never - yes, never - sell yourself short.
- David J. Schwartz

Maybe we could insert the word "core" in between the word "developed" and "belief" in the second last line of the quote above
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I almost said that I disagree with this quote too. The thing is that I don't know what situation it was wrote under. It could mean many things depending on who reads it. 

"Discipline yourself to do what you know is right and important." This could mean slave away and become a martyr doing for others. Or it could mean take the time to take care of your own mental and physical health also. (together if necessary) I think the latter leads more to self esteem and personal satisfaction than the first. 
A person needs to find time for their own needs or certain unwanted emotions invite themselves in. This can be devastating to some one trying to stave off "sad"

Davit
13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Quote of the Day:
Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the highroad to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction.
- Brian Tracy

The obatacle to me is my mood change
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have to disagree with Mr. Kettering. This is how people get in trouble. 

"act like anything is possible but do it with caution." Yes even CBT if you really want to absorb it.

Davit.

Reading this thread: