Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Accomplishments and other Postive Things

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Easter.

Sun is shining here in Gods country. It is going to be a fine day.

Davit
13 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have a nice Easter Everyone.

Sid aka Red

signing in from the high desert...
Davit,

Not to worry..Enjoy your R&R time gardening in your peaceful garden..Planting time is here and this is your window of opportunity to get your planting done..The weather has been nice here so I have a jump on you with my garden..My vegetable are starting to get huge already and my roses are starting to bloom..I am really looking forward to seeing some pic's of your garden this year, so get out there and start doing what you love, working in your garden before time runs out..

Like you if I don't sign in I am still here reading when I can..I will be working in my garden and sewing my quilts and going for walks with my camera in hand. If I go out into the desert camping then I will be out of range and will not be able to connect to the internet..I do love getting out into the desert away from it all and spring time is the best time for it. This is the only time the flowers will be blooming in the desert so I have a small window of opportunity to see and enjoy them..

So relax and enjoy your garden and I will check in when I get back..

Your Friend,
Red.
I
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sid,

That is what the forum is about, support, which I feel is just as important as information, a place to trade both. 

Your season is ahead of us so you will understand if I seem to not be here, I have pre garden work to do, but you can be sure I'm still reading even if I don't log in. Hope your weather is as nice as mine and your garden as peaceful. I hope you can get out to the desert for some R+R.
And a chance to look at the flowers. They are a reminder that they struggle as hard as us and don't give up, they keep coming back again and again.

Davit.
Davit and Sunny,

Thank you for your supportive and encouraging words and for helping me find my way...

Your forever friend,
Sid
13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
V,
I keep forgetting, but what I did was list my 3 new core beliefs, and measure them, for a future comparison.

I'm supposed to measure the percentage that I believe the new 3 beliefs of the core system.  This sets a benchmark on where I will compare the future state.  On a daily basis, I add behaviours to support the beliefs. eg.  "I am persevering" is one of the new beliefs I wish to adopt and support.  On a daily basis, I add supporting evidence,  such as  "I can write clearly", "I learn in classroom", etc.

Checking this some time later, I will hopefully find I believe these to greater degree. The benefits will allow me to live with more confidence, which wil create a cycle of supporting self-esteem.
13 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi PC members!

Davit, you raise a good point about not having a program on 'core beliefs' as we do on the DC site.
I will look into this and see if we can make it more easily accessible by including it on the PC site as well.

Like CBT, understanding core beliefs and automatic negative thoughts takes time and effort.  It is usually an enlightening process that leads to important self discovery.

It is also inspiring to see how these threads have facilitated greater personal awareness and self discovery! 
Keep up the hard work and keep posting and sharing your experiences.

What have you found helpful in changing your negative thoughts or core beliefs into positive ones?
Vincenza, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red:  You are working hard to understand and deal with your own personal issues.  Way to go.  You inspire me, you don't give up.  That's awesome.  You should be very proud of yourself, I'm proud of you too.

Your friend, Sunny
Hugs,

No not really, it may have brought it to the surface though..

I am now aware of it and am dealing with this negative core belief of mine.

I am learning how to challenge and change my negative core beliefs and turn them into positives now...

It doesn't happen overnight..Its going to take work and it is something I am going to need to be aware of.

Red aka sid
13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sid,
It sounds like the negative core belief of your ability to write was a "sore spot" when I asked for readability of posts?

Reading this thread: