Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Exposure Planning Session 4

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad you have perked up a little bit Miki . You were sounding so low . Have you had another ride around the garden ? Im not too bad thanks for asking , usually get my tighty throat at teatime onwards .

I forgot about your trip Minnie , awwww to your nephew . I can imagine poor nephews sitting watching you on their laptop lol

15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good to hear you're doing better Miki, you did a great achievement with the trip.  I"m going on my trip on saturday, i'm a bit nervous to be away from home for a week, and its an over 3 hour car ride, but i'll be with the family, and Wesley whose 9 and adores me, he's my hubbies nephew and he only remembers my name not the uncles..hehe..!!!he's too cute, hes going to teach me to fish, he told me.
I"ll be thinking of all of you when I do my exposure session 4.  I'm going to take my notes and sheets so if I get nervous, i'll have backup.:) One of the nephews will probably bring a laptop, if he does i'll drop everyone a note:)
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm doing ok. Back to the normal routine, but better than before I went on the trip. How are you Dee?
You is welcome Miki , how are you feeling now ?
Thank you all!
15 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Miki,

That's really great! I'm glad you had a good time and pushed through your anxiety.

Congrats! You did awesome!

Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats  Miki, well done,  you did great, i'm so happy you stuck with it and look at the fun you had, yay, and wow..another trip soon? thats wonderful.
Miki what can i say ? I think you did fantastic . Well done you should be proud . As for the dinner with your friend , you went there , you didnt pull out . As for going to the beach whoohooooooo , mother nature strikes again . She's a good girl sometimes !

Its so nice to read that you actually felt excited . It totally means more to you when you havnt felt that way for along time dosnt it ? 

15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Miki..

congrats.. that's fantastic.  I think you're onto something when you talk about the smell of the motel...  I use aromatherapy at home as certain scents bring back fond memories of good places, people or times and I find surrounding myself with them helps a lot in creating a very warm, calm environment.

Although you probably can't get a "motel" smell.. LOL.. you may find incorporating aromatherapy may be beneficial to you... Many oils have healing properties that help with fear, anxiety, stomach upset etc.

Just a thought....  I personally love things like patchouli, ylang ylang, lavender, neroli... All are very good for the soul :)

Again.. way to go!!
Hello all! And thanks Danielle, for the relaxation methods.
I just wanted to update about my trip. I'm back home now and I want to post this in the SUCCESS section, because I feel really good, and I can honestly say that. The last day I was there, I went to the beach and one moment I did get anxious but I got back up again and nature just made me highly happy. I got a headache the day we left because I was so tired, but today, I feel excited. It's really been a while since I've been excited about anything. I'm remembering how much I used to enjoy traveling and I think the smell of the motel or something really reminded me of my passion and it's triggered me. I'm really glad I did it and went on the mini trip. I want to go somewhere again! I thought I will never say that again, but here I am. 

Reading this thread: