Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Claustrophobia

17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
you are most welcome^^
17 years ago 0 144 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, thanks for your advice. Now I am in session 3 and the next is session 4...so, we will see how it works for me :)
When you get to session4 in the program (if i remember correctly) there will be techniques of progressive exposure to what scares you. It will teach you how to make plans that will help you progressively expose yourself to what scares you and slowly get ovewr your fear. Since claustrophobia is a fear i do not see why exposure could not be applied to it. Anyway, hope this helps! -Diva
Adding- I have heard there are special courses in the USA for people with claustrophobia (special groups of claustrophobic people try to overcome their fear to fly by flying in a plane). I wish I lived in the USA! lol I am thinking of going to the USA (by plane about 12 hours) to apply for theses courses.lol. What I wanted to say is that it's a pity I don't have such courses in my country. :( :( :( What can be an alternative variant for me, what do you think?
Does anyone here suffers from claustrophobia? It is really a nightmare. It's hard for me to live (with it). It leads me to depression, neurosis (?) etc. If I overcome it, I would be the happiest person in the world! I am so desperate to search for any tips that can help to overcome it.
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Madara, That's great! I'm glad you're finding it helpful! Don't hesistate to ask questions. Danielle _______________________ The PC Support Team
Hello :)) Thank you, Danielle and Diva, for your support and information! I really appreciate that. Yesterday in this page I found a home page for people who are afraid of flying by planes. I stood up almost all night to go through all online courses/lessons. Now I feel a bit relieved (although I had some problems to wake up in the morning and no to be late for my job :D). I will definately use that CBT program as soon as I have free time at home. Thanks :) :) :)
Btw Madara, Earlier i was in a bit of a hurry and i forgot to say thanks for the compliment about me being active and such. I truely beleive in being grateful and i was grateful for the compliment :) Thank you. Sorry it took me so long to respond to it, i am just a bit out of my mind with the studying for exams lol Anyway, I hope to hear more from you soon! -Diva
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Madara, Welcome to the Panic Center and thanks for sharing your story! You're not alone, some of our members also experience anxiety using public transportation and flying. Please be sure to use our search engine and read through the discussions. Also take the time to work through our CBT program. It will teach you how to switch those negative thoughts and focus on visualizing yourself in this situation while controlling your anxiety. Keep us posted and don't hesistate to keep asking questions. We are more than happy to help! Danielle _____________________ The PC Support Team
Ok click on the session diary button next to the logout button uptop and on that page you should fine a link to the program. It is more on the left top corner of the page (the link to the program i mean. Amyway, i hope this helps lol. -Diva

Reading this thread: