Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

setting my final goal

9 years ago 0 56 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes exactly Jakelad  I am so sick if it all literally tired and exhgausted from the whole cycle. from having that first drink to wanting to party all night to most likely making a complete fool of myself one way or another . waking up with the big "oh crappp" and the what happened and the hoping it wasnt awful and all that . guilt , physically ill, self anger.....just sooooo exhausted from doing that to myself. i can no longer do it i also surrender.
9 years ago 0 315 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is great. honestly to yourself is so important. I tried to quit many times under pressure from others it was only when I gave in completely that I was able to surrender absolutely.
I do really want this so much. And yes I am doing it for me for the first time i am wanting to completely love myself enough not to do this to myself anymore and the only way to do do that is to not drink at all. I cannot . 
9 years ago 0 315 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How about yourself, why not quit for you?
9 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It sounds like you really want this.

How are you going to prepare for this quit?

Ashley, Health Educator
i have said and done this before" i am no longer drinking" but in the back of my mind i kneew i would as i would think i can control my drinking . and well here i am and no i cannot. i am low and shamed. i am making a promise to you here and to myself and my family. I will not have a drop of alcohol. 

Reading this thread: