Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

New to this site

11 years ago 0 616 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hope.....I'm happy to see you're not beating yourself up for your slip on Saturday.  I also had a big slip this weekend, on Friday night, I was disappointed in myself but I didn't let it bring me down.  We have all been doing so great with trying to get this under control, we can't give up, and we should not beat up ourselves for having a momentary lapse in judgment.  It happens to the best of us.  I'm going to make a big effort to stick to my virgin drinks this week, I hope that I am strong enough to stick to my goal.  Like you, I will plan my evenings, and again I'm going to try to use weight loss as my motivator.  

Turquoise I hope you're doing better today, how did you do with the control last night?  I have a feeling you stuck to your goal, you are a very strong woman.  

Congratulations ElizabethRRRR for a successful evening of only one glass of wine.  It's a start and that's what's important.  I absolutely have no control when it comes to wine.  One glass and all sensibility disappears, I can drink half of a 1.75 liter bottle in an evening and I wake up the next day with memory loss of the night before.  I love wine way too much, and I have to keep it out of the house.  

Ok ladies I'm off to work now.  Enjoy your day.
11 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Turquoise, I'm so sorry for the terrible event and you are so strong to keep control after such a stressful event. Marylizy, welcome and congratulations on asuccesful moderation night. And welcome ElizabethRRRR to the site and
thread. I almost forgot it's Camiol's thread since I have been writing and sharing here for weeks. When I check the the other threads, I see that this one has a unique number of messages and friends writing here. I really feel myself lucky to find the health educators  in this site and my friends and on this thread. I feel something is missing when I dont write here and read news from you.
My saturday was terrible with lots of drinks, and had a bad hangover day yesterday, but I dont wanna talk about this since you are tired of listening my slips and I'm tired of myself writing them. I'm planning a full sober week this week, to remind myself that I was able to do this. I remmeber making 6 days without alcohol when I first started here, now I am again one day on, one day off which is pointless. OK, today is a new day and a new week starts.. I will plan my each evening and spend an abstinent week... Hope you all have a great week..

11 years ago 0 161 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Turquoise, I joined today. How awful. You seem really aware and in control after a scary thing like a break in.

Vincenza, I drank iced tea while I was cooking and then with dinner and clean up (and fixing food for husband to take to work tomorrow) I only had one glass of wine tonight. I'm proud of that, but it's only day one. I have a lot of work to do yet. Thank you for the support

11 years ago 0 616 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Elizabeth you're more than welcome to join my thread, don't feel bad at all about posting on here.  We're all here to help one another.  

Omg Turquoise what a scary thing to happen, it doesn't matter where we live, we're never immune to home, or in my case, auto invasions and theft.  

I had a nice relaxed time at the cottage today, something I definitely needed.  When we got home my husband offered to mix me a drink and I agreed but insisted on only half the amount of rum be added.  I drank it while preparing dinner, and finished it while we had dinner.  I had another with half the rum in it and my third was virgin.  I suppose in total I had the equivalent of one alcoholic drink tonight and I maintained control.

Vincenza I think what drove me to go overboard on Friday was the fact that the friends we had a BBQ with, have a fridge that is probably 6 feet wide and it is fully stocked with every kind of beer, cooler and other premixed drink you can imagine.  Like my visits to the liquor store, I got starry eyed and wanted to try everything.  I lost all sense of control, because it was free for the taking.  I don't know how to control myself in that sort of situation.  If anyone has a suggestion, please feel free to share.  I don't want to have another momentary lapse like that ever again.
11 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Turquoise,

What a frightening event!

Good for you for keeping calm and restraining yourself.  Keep strong and try to enjoy your vacation with your kids!

Your hubby and cousin are a great support team!

Josie, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 409 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Someone tried to break into my house yesterday afternoon when I was gone. They smashed the front window, then got scared away by the alarm. I had one 7 oz glass of wine last night, and am having one 7 oz glass of wine tonight. I would love an entire bottle of wine, but I am sharing the bottle with my husband and cousin, and they have agreed not to have any more than that in the house. That is my way of controlling it at the moment -- I know if it's around I will drink it. This has thrown a wrench into my  vacation plans. I had planned to take a road trip next week with the entire family, and now it just might be me and the kids, and my husband might have to stay home for repairs and watching the house. Such a disappointment. Sigh. I want to write more, but my daughter is  right here. More later.
Camiol, I do like cranberry so that's a good solution for me.
Thanks, Marylizy. I want to be able to say that in 3 weeks!

I just realized I probably should have created a new thread, so thanks for finding me, and thanks, Camiol, for not minding!

11 years ago 0 325 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, I have been away from my computer for a few days but am catching up now on threads. You have come to a great place to help you...I have been mostly off alcohol for almost 3 weeks now. Went out with my girls last night and had 2 beers at the bar over a  4 hour time span and one cocktail when we got home and then we all went for a midnight swim in the pool. I was so scared I was not going to be able to control my drinking but once I put my mind to it it came easy...Lots of water in between and of course lots of dancing too...I feel so good about me today. So much better then not knowing what I did and said...have had way to many of those mornings and it is my goal never to have any again. Never is too strong of a word because slips are just part of this process...So hang in there and take it one day at a time...
11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Camiol,

Don't be discouraged from your slip Friday night.  As discussed throughout various threads, take this situation as a learning experience.  What triggered you to drink beyond your desired intake on Friday?  What can you do differently to take control of similar circumstances in the future?

Vincenza, Health Educator

Reading this thread: