Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Its Friday, need help with my attitude today

16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't forget to reward yourself for all your hard work anxious. May help pick up your mood. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great..thanks to all...going home now. have a great SMOKE FREE WEEKEND. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,130 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Anx1, try this breathing exercise to help you. Breathe in the positive energy, breathe out the negative energy! Do ten times, or can be done as: Breathe in realaxation, breathe out stress! Don't know why it works, just know it works! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 347 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,675 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,660.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
You are helping...does shoveling 80 feet of snow get counted as excercise? I broke the starter on my husbands snow blower yesterday, so shovels were needed...I used that as my excuse not to get on the tredmill last night. I just had two apple pies from taco bell..nice..call me piggy. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,130 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HaHaHa, love the triplets comment. Anyway, no more complaining. Look up some up the book titles I listed if you are a reader, other wise there is tons of stuff on the internet about thinking positive, learning and becoming more positive...trust me I was exactly the same way. Born and raised with a lot of negativity and control issues, however it does get easier the more you work at. just remember nothing changes over night and you have to take the good with the bad and the ugly. Be easy on yourself...especially while going through such a major transition. You sound like you are at a healthy weight, so no need to look at losing any of it....but exercise! This is the best way to change your outlook and become more positive. I will tell you that I haven't lost that much weight but exercising has released tension, stress, pressure and a lot of negativity. It really is good for your heart and soul. I'm not talking about major exercise here...just enough to get your blood flowing and all the negative energy released. Walking, jogging, any type of activity will go a long way! sorry to be so over bearing in my posts today,,,but I just really feel like i can help in some small way on this topic. Let me know if you ever need anything. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,425 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $855.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi anx and everyone. wanted to let anx know I have been reading most of your posts and watching your stats.. you are one of my inspirations.. so hang in there.. Feb is a Blah, dreary month.. I had mt vitamin D level checked ( I have osteoporosis) vit D level was SEVERLY low.. which can also make us feel blah, tired and cause many healthy problems. Now we are quitters it might be a good time to get some blood work done.. so we can get and stay healthy. It is NOT recommended to take large amounts of D unless prescribed by your Dr. I am on a vitamin, vitamin D and Calcium protocol set up by my Dr. now with OUT nicotine, I should start adsorbing things better. They have "sunshine"lightbulbs now.. they have come down in price from what they used to be. Maybe we all need some SUN [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6.30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
I thought You fell off the face of the earth Moss. You to are always good to hear from, and have a way of joining in like nothing was missed. I have always been the GLASS IS EMPTY type of person and am trying to change many aspects of myself. This obviously will be the hardest journey I will make in my life, ( I think I would rather have triplets sideways), but I look forward to the day when all days are good, or normal, or not such a battle. I am seeing these days every now and then, or even a couple hours at a time. I find that laughter helps me the most..I really need to excersise, I have been putting on the weight. However, this is really not a concern to me, I was 98 pounds when I started, and now am at about 111, most likely more normal looking. I have been trying to put on weight my whole life, and look, all I needed to do was quit smoking!! I just hope I don't become wider than I am tall.!! I love hearing from the both of you, you cheer me right up!! :) ( I too am at work, not supposed to do this.) Heres a kicker though, if you have what they consider a drug addiction such as heroin or cocain, they pay for your time off for rehabilitation in a facility.! And you still get your salary. Smoking is just as hard as that and we have to work and act normal, raise a family, be a spouse. ok, enough complaining... :eg: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,130 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Moss, glad to see you doing well. You know I think about you all the time and hope you are doing well even though we don't get to chat a lot. I also find it fascinating that each quit journey can be so different! Either way it will never be easy for anyone, but easier than others...maybe. I do believe it has a lot to do with your attitude and found that mine just became more positive after I quit. What a wonderful change to come about in addition to the health and money reasons. I was not always this positive or the half full type but it is coming and I am enjoying and appreciating it each and every day. I think it made my quit much easier...i have contributed my positive attitude to quitting....I don't care if that it actually true or not...but I will tell you that it has helped me remain solid in my quitting journey. Books help too! I have recently purchased: Seat of the soul, The secret (watched the film last yr) complaint free world, Thank you power, and some others. Again there are costs involved but some were rewards for not smoking so it was justified. I also find it hilarious that Moss is not on here often but appears exactly when required or most important. I love seeing which posts you add your 2 cents to as they are always the encouraging ones. I guess we all really want to be positive about this whole experience. I know Anxious1 and anyone else that has the privalege of getting a reply from you is very lucky. We all appreciate your kind words and thoughts Moss. A1, I have been keeping my eye on you lately and think that you are doing fantastic in your quit and your attitude. Even when the right attitude isn't there...accept it, don't try to change it. Change will come from awareness. Anxious1 you seem really positive to me and I think the biggest thing is that when you are not being super positive you post that here (asking for help or to be cheered up goes a long way) Plus post still ends up being positive. You are being extremely pro active in your approach and look at how it has gotten you up to this point. Be easy on yourself and take care of yourself...this is what matters most! I know you will do fine just based on what youve been posting lately, plus all 3 of us are past the hardest part so now we can sit back and enjoy life. (keep your guard up though!) Have a super fantastic weekend my super fantastic quit buddies! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,425 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $855.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there A1 (and Freedom, too) Hello and Good wishes to you today. I saw that Wisconsin got a storm yesterday so it appears you have survived the blizzard. I am glad that your husband jumped on the quit train with you. I, too didn't have it real terrible the first couple weeks but a few weeks in it got real intense. It is fascinating how we can all experience this differently. It is inspiring that you are being pro-active in developing a positive mindset each day. Keep on practicing this and it will start to happen easier. I am not able to post as much as I would like ( been using the PC at my work ) but have been reading as much as possible and following your journey. I think you are on a good path A1. Freedom's positivity is nice to read, isn't it. She has a good handle on seeing the glass half full. Thank you Freedom26. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $297.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
Freedom, you are truely and inspiration. I am forcing the positive in me everyday, and I know it will get better. I watch all of you and see it to be true. I still need everyone and need to post, so thanks for all of your kind words. It really does have an impact on me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,130 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41

Reading this thread: