Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Rough patch.. and now moved on !

16 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Purple]Kayla, thanks so very much for your very supportive and kind words. You are doing so well .. your stats are awesome :) And I love the pic ! Unhooked.. thanks to you as well. And you're absolutely right.... there will always be crap in our lives no matter how far along we are in our non smoking lives. I'm so pleased.. doing a little happy dance every once and a while as I celebrate 7 weeks as a non smoker :p Jean [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $502.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jean, You are doing soooo good and you are so strong not to let lifes B.S. ruin your quit!!! I admire you for your honesty and wish I could take some of the pain away that your feeling but you are the one who is making a difference in your own life and if you haven't realized how strong you really are then you need to look back and say to yourself "I'm going to do this and you have!!!" Forget the mishap in the past and look ahead. You have helped me, and alot of people here. I am not trying add any guilt only thanks and appreciation. We were all once smokers and we should all know that this quit should never be taken for granted!!! I really do admire your strength and so should you!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,345 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $737.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So glad you're feeling better & back with us. We will all have crap to deal with no matter how old our quits & we will always have to make that choice. Good for you for making it the right way! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Purple]Well it's been 10 days since my last post and I'm sooooooooo much better. I have a lot more healing to do but I've taken all of that frustration, sadness, high anxiety and stress and put it into my quit and into my exercise regiment :) I had a choice after that last post - remain despondent and sit on a pity pot and ... quite honestly just start smoking again OR take the higher road and rise above it one step at a time. I obviously chose the latter ! Life is always going to throw you a curve ball. No one will EVER be immune from relationship woes, financial problems, family or friend disputes etc etc. So, take it as it comes and remember ALWAYS that smoking will NEVER,,,,,EVER make things better. So here I am folks, 10 days later, still smoke free and 10 lbs lighter :P I want to thank you all for your support, care and love - Without this site and some friends and family I would have a ring of smoke hovering around me and I'd be as depressed as hell. Jean [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $471.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jean, I am so glad to read your post. You sound very determined, you are doing great! Like Shakes, you made me feel very comfortable when I first found this site. One of the first posts I found was the April quitters post.. and your post of course was one of the first posts I read. You have meant a lot in my quit... hang in there... we are all going to make it...together! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 341 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jean...you stats are an inspiration....please remember we are not here to judge you we are here for the same reaason you are....to help and to be helped.... jean49 i had to brush myself off twice....just take it one day at a time....x lolo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 333 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I didn't mean to make you CRY!!! :quest: Now I'm crying. Hey, this is good. Crying is good... ;p The line between laughing and crying is quite thin. ((((Hugs)))) right back atcha! --Shakes [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 713 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ohhhh Shakes.. now I'm crying. I helped you? How sweet of you to tell me this.. now the tears are really flowing. Thanks for telling me - it's good to know I've been helpful in some way. ((((hugs))) and very emotional.. hell, very fragile right now. Jean [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 891 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $358.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jean, I don't know if this will help at all; just want you to know that you are the spark that got me posting here. And reading. And allowing myself to accept help. You have been AND ARE an inspiration. Nothin' but love, --Shakes [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 713 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have officially changed my quit meter one day ahead - now it's April 5/07. It wasn't a relapse, it was a slip. It wasn't a day of smoking it was 2 cigarettes.. and now I feel like hanging my head in shame. I understand Ki's post to a point.. anyway.. onward. Jean [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 891 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $358.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27

Reading this thread: