Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.762 posts in 47.062 threads.

160,844 Members

Please welcome our newest members: iloveludlow, maddshp, Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991

For Honesty's Sake

18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Conratulations for getting back on that wagon. You have made an awesome choice and you have tasted freedom. Stay Strong - Post Often We are here to help you through. Ciao Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,618 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $600 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
18 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Out of Focus, I can only speak for myself but,I KNOW I'm not going to be alone in this. The validity of your point of view has not changed one iota as far as I'm concerned. I don't respect you any less at all because you smoked. Just renewed my growing anger at this NASTY addiction. Glad you're still here. Colleen Just for Today ... Keepin' the Quit [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,950 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $916.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$59,122.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6652 Hours: 17

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Laura! :) Long time no type~ W/B! I'm with the newly 'FAMEous' bugg... We sure did miss U :) Again welcome back.
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi OOF, sorry to hear you had a slip/relapsed. How smart of you to try again. And I know this will be the last quit. The power of this addiction is truly scary. Glad you're back. NOPE, Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 294 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,892 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1470 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OOF! Oh OOF! :quest: :confuse: :| Ok girl. You are family. Get your butt back up on this wagon and don't let go. DO NOT be like those others that pop back in, say they smoked, hang around for a few days and then disappear. You get in here and you stay in here. This is where you need to be. It worked before and it will work again. It is good to see you. You have been missed. You know the drill. N.O.P.E. Kick, scream, cry, yell, punch a pillow, break dishes. Just don't smoke. We are here for you. You are always a Smober so get your butt in here and do what it takes to be Smober! ((((Hugs)))) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 311 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,237 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1088.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
Go ahead and get some sleep OOF. We will be here. You know that. Reject you.. Nah! We wouldn't do that. Let go of the regret. Grab on to the determination to remain smoke free. You haven't failed unless you go back to smoking. You are a quitter and we all know it. Get up and fight! This is war!
OOF. Are you still with us? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 316 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,333 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1106 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OOF, OH NO!!!! NOT YOU!!!!!!! Well, in a way, I'm sort of happy about this. No, not because you smoked, but because you're back! :) Remember all the fun we had at the smober parties? Remember the "Ladies Only" thread that felt like a pajama party between all of us girls? We really had some good times back then, and now, we can have them again! I really hope you stick around this place for a while and don't go away. I've really missed having you here. I know that feeling of failure sucks! I totally remember feeling like everything I ever wrote on this board was in vain because I'd blown it and couldn't be trusted to give good advice because I'd failed myself and everyone on this board... or so I thought. I want you to read[url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?forum=18&topic=23843]this thread[/url] about my second screw up where I wrote almost exactly what you wrote here tonight. I want you to read some of the advice that I got way back then and I hope it helps you now as much as it did me then. Please don't consider yourself a failure... you're NOT a failure if you keep on trying, which is exactly what you're doing now. We can do this again! Just hang in there! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 192 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,823 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $792.96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello OOF - A lot of people try to quit smoking a number of times, before they succeed - this is my 5th time (Once I quit for 11 months)the main thing is, is that you came back. I am sorry you have to go through it all again, but I KNOW you can do it. I was always reading your posts, they were very helpfull - I wish you all the very best. Amber :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 382 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,469 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3800.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$68,218.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5932 Hours: 3

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Casey and Lady, I was halfway expecting rejection, not that anyone here would ever reject someone. I have to tell you. I am tired tonight. I just want to go to bed. I do remember that I spent most of the first 3 weeks either on line or sleeping, last time. I suppose that will be how it is now. I am a little sad, but not because of not smoking anymore. I am sad that I failed. I am, also, sad because now I feel like all the debates I ever participated in, are now going to be flawed. At least, my Point of View is going to be seen as flawed. Oh well! "Pride don't get you no where sometimes", as my Pappy use to say.
  • Quit Meter

$113,697.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6335 Hours: 5

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: