Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I'm quitting tonight. Can you support me?

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
breather's right, Marisol, I've had quits that have seemed relative easy and quits that have not seemed easy. That's why playing with quitting is not a smart thing to do. I have thought "I can just have this one. After all stopping was easy," only to get hooked again and find stopping to be impossible. Actually, the easy times only come after several failed attempts, so they are truly easy either.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 47
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,269
Amount Saved: $475.88
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 5 Mins: 12 Seconds: 15

14 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello msol  Welcome to the SSC. You're the most important person here. Some find it easy to stop smoking , others don't. I found it difficult but glad I went through it because it's so worth it. If you're craving think of it as your body healing itself. Be sure to reward yourself for not smoking. The benefits of not smoking are many. My fingers aren't stained with nicotine anymore and I can breath better now to name just two. If a day seems to long break it up into segments. Don't smoke for 5 minutes at a time if you're having a craving. Wash away a crave with cold water. No matter what time of day or night it is come here and post if you're craving. Remember that if you're having a bad day that you can start a new one at any time. Also it wouldn't hurt to read " the book " again. We are here rooting for your success. Read the posts here in your spare time. We want you to have every advantage. I look at stopping smoking as somewhat of a miracle. Don't leave before it happens. Excellent. breather breathing better.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 218
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,900
Amount Saved: $5,232.00
Life Gained:
Days: 40 Hrs: 1 Mins: 19 Seconds: 56

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good girl Marisol
Take one craving at a time, and drink ice water by the gallon. I also found out that frozen pops, or popsicles were a great quit aid.  I read someone tried frozen grapes. You get your lips numbs, so you don't want to smoke anymore!
Be positive. Things get better as days go by.
I'm rooting for your success!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 145
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,175
Amount Saved: $217.50
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 13 Mins: 11 Seconds: 7

14 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi there, and welcome to SSC.  There's not much more I can add, but I wanted to stop in and welcome you.  Stay close and post away - someone will be here!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 531
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,620
Amount Saved: $4,035.60
Life Gained:
Days: 57 Hrs: 23 Mins: 48 Seconds: 44

14 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
marisol
congratulations on your first day , that's a great step and accomplishment.

mike/astrofan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 462
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,860
Amount Saved: $4,158.00
Life Gained:
Days: 78 Hrs: 8 Mins: 6 Seconds: 21

14 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yahoo, Marisol...good for you!! I admire your positive attitude and it will help you succeed! Drink lots and lots of ice water and keep coming back! Congratulations!

Trillium

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 16
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 320
Amount Saved: $51.20
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 4 Mins: 47 Seconds: 10

14 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear All,

Thank you SO much for all those wonderful replies - you are such amazing friends!
I live in Dubai (UAE) and I am 7 hours ahead of most of you (GMT+4), so didn't see your posts till now. It's 9:18PM here, 25 hours since my last and final death-stick.

25 hours!!!!!!! I know I will do it this time :)

Will take your advice, will keep posting and will let you know how things go. 

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Marisol

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/17/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 1 Mins: 6 Seconds: 42

14 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Marisol! You can do this! Being positive about it helps alot. This is a remarkable journey, stay close to this place and you will be fine! Read all you can! Kick that junkie in the butt!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 835
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20,875
Amount Saved: $8,809.25
Life Gained:
Days: 110 Hrs: 12 Mins: 54 Seconds: 52

14 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Marisol!
I will totally 110% support you in your quit!

The fact that you have become honest with yourself is a great start to this tough, but not tough forever, journey. We always need to know the true problem before we can fix it and as the great saying goes.... things always get worse before they get better.... so...... with that said, prepare for the worst but hope for the best!!

I tried to quit many times before my final quit (this quit) but never was I really ready and never was I really confident in myself or even brave enough to tackle it full force as I was now.

Some people say it takes 7 quits on average. Some people try and try and never quit... but then there are those people who quit on their first time... because they are ready, willing, able, determined, confident, and BRAVE enough!  My mom being one of them. It is possible - be super smart and dont wait until that 7th attempt because in all honesty it doesnt get any easier to quit tomorrow or Friday or next month.

God Bless and Good Luck!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 123
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,845
Amount Saved: $691.88
Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 22 Mins: 13 Seconds: 21

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Marisol and welcome to SSC
We are a family of Quitters.....you'll never be alone as long as you are posting here.  Some one will always be here to answer.

There were Three big things I learned about myself as I Quit this time.  First was I wanted to control my life....not let the nicojerk control it anymore.  Second thing was that The Quit was about ME....not others.....ME.  I was THE most important person in my Quit.  The Third was it became easier with help from those that have been before me.  I listened and it helped prepare me for things the nicojerk was going to try.
You'll learn lots more things as you go but the basics are pretty simple.....Get angry and resolved to Quit.....and I see that in your post.  Stay angry and resolved, no matter what the nicojerk throws at you....lighting up will NEVER help any situation you'll face now.  Finally remember that YOU are the most important person here now.  Treat yourself well.  POST and READ, learn what you face, prepare for it.

You CAN do this......We'll help

Keeping the Quit
hugggggs and coooookies
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 141
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,230
Amount Saved: $592.20
Life Gained:
Days: 29 Hrs: 12 Mins: 46 Seconds: 12

Reading this thread: