Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Tomorow's my big day, i wish i wasn't so nervous

17 years ago 0 104 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kaffy, Thanks for thinking of me :) Well it's been such a lovely day weve all been out for a long walk, has it been sunny in your part of the UK to?, it was so great to walk without worrying about having a smoke, i never used to like people seeing me smoke especally when i was with the kids so today really made me feel great. Hope your still doing well to hun :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 230 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$567,650.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4670 Hours: 23

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi everyone, It's 12.10 pm (UK Time)on day 1 of my quit and....im doing it, i cleared out my stuff last night, it all went in the wheeliebin outside, ive been up since 7am with the kid's and so far so good, i feel funny, kind of stiff around the sholder's, im shakie and i cant do thing's very well, im having problems typing this, i keep hitting the wrong letter, I dont care though because im doing it :)
  • Quit Meter

$567,650.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Bj and congrats on getting to 19 day's, Thank you for you advice, it has been my biggest exscuse as to why i couldent qquit, the fact that my children are so young and i will never cope with the temper tantrums or whining or fighting (im making my children sound horrid i know, there really great kid's but there all under 5 year's old and they do have there moment's) My husband seem's to cope with it all and he dosent smoke, ive come to realise that my smoking isent helping me cope, my mothering instinct and love for them make's me cope...i just smoke whilst im doing it, well i can live without it and im going to :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$567,650.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hiya Rainie, Would you believe the kid's have been really good today, there to young for school yet so there all home all day and today they have been little star's. I will be rooting for you Thursday :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$567,650.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you to all of you, it really dose make a diffrence to have people who understand. Tessa im so glad it's going well for you and i really glad to hear im not the only one who's been feeling a little out of sort's, Im feeling dizzy (in the silly way as well as the room spinning way), a little sick, very shakey but the best thing i have a huge, huge smile on my face. I AM DOING THIS, as are you Tessa and so many other people on here, WE ARE ALL FANTASTIC, WELL DONE TO ALL OF US :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$567,650.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Rainie, yes it help's more than i ever thought it would to know that i have a friend :) I suppose my fear is the kind i got when i was pregnant and getting close to my due date, i wanted my baby but i knew labor was going to be hard and painful, i just wanted it all to be over with, i was really excited about my new life with my new baby and it was a good...no great thing in my life but i had to face all that pain to get there. I did it and ofcorse like millions of women before i coped fine, it was just the bit leading up to it where you stress about what it's going to be like. Im spending my evening reading everyone post's and printing off thing's that have really helped and i feel will continue to help. Im feeling good about this, better and better the more i read, all these people can do it...well i sure as hell can to! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$567,650.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Dont i just feel stupid now, i just read this post; "Dont you people get it" by Jaset http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?forum=1&topic=36059 It's like what you said Phill but...well not as nice. I feel like ive been punched in the face and it actually made me cry, if i ever needed that one last boost to do it...well reading that was it. I would like to print it off so i can stick it to my kitchen cupboard door (i only smoke in my kitchen and keep my ashtray etc in the cupboard ) is it okay to do that?
  • Quit Meter

$567,650.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks Tessa, I think ive just read (and posted on) your thread, your attitude sounds fantastic, I hope i can be as positive as you are :) I feel like i did when i was going to give birth, you want your baby but you know your going to have to go through loads of pain to get it, your nervous and excited all at the same time!
  • Quit Meter

$567,650.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you everyone, it's really good to have someone to talk to about it that understands, My husband has never smoked so altho he's doing his best he dosent understand how i feel. Thank you all so much for your support,
  • Quit Meter

$567,650.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hello everyone, Tomorrow after 15 year's of being a 20 a day smoker I will be quitting with the help of Zyban. I have 3 young children and I want to be around to see my grandchildren, I also feel so very guilty every time they enter a room and see me smoking, I have always's tried to keep it away from them but I know im kidding my self. My husband is a non smoker and he is going to do all he can to help me, the rest of my family don't know because there all the kind of people who wouldn't believe me anyway. Im so scared, is that silly? Every thought in my head is about how im going to cope with tomorrow, my hand's are shaking as I type this. I AM going to do this, I WONT carry on killing myself and my children, I just wish I wasn't so nervous, I have relayed on a fag to get me through every little ittie bittie trauma since I was 13, how will I cope without it. Anyway sorry for going on about it, thanks for reading :)
  • Quit Meter

$567,650.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: