Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Thanks for letting me join, need support

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Jan and Lynn too. I did some more of the tools this site provides and cried throughout the process. That was an hour of crying. My daughter is next to me and I told her I'm sick (I am). I feel like I am losing my best friend but my mental vision is to see her graduate college (I'll be in my 60's). My Aunt in Ireland passed away last year from lung cancer, my Dad 2 years ago from Colon Cancer, my sister in law last year (at 24) from sarcoma, my Father in Law from lung cancer. At Christmas I lost two friends, ages 45 and 40 from heart attack and breast cancer. There is all this death I've been dealing with for a couple of years and my brother who died on Christmas Eve 7 years ago from suicide. I'm feeling quite depressed right now but crying is better than smoking I guess. I come from an addictive family, but cigarettes are my only real addiciton, unlike gambling, drinking as some of my family suffers from. Thanks again. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Hi Phil! Thank you! Nice to hear from your side of the pond! 50 years. You should be so proud of yourself. Ok, deal. Today is my quit date. Done deal. I'll be back for more support and give it where I can! I'm so grateful to have found this site. Cheers!
Thank you Denise. You're right. I'm glad you posted this. Those last 3 cigarettes need to go in the garbage. I'ld like to make today the quit date. I'll start reading the coping strategies next. Thanks you SO much for your reply. I feel better already. One question for anyone, I tried to download the ticker you have with the data of days smoke free, etc. but I've obviously done something incorrectly? Many thanks!
Thank you Kiwi, we were posting at the same time. I hadn't thought of it that way. I pray that I can get through 24 hours, the entire day tomorrow. I think I'll be hanging around here for some time. What you've said, I won't forget. I'll pass that on to my husband too. He'll be thrilled to know I'm on another internet site (I'm also on a parenting board) ;) Seriously, that hit me, prolonging the inevitable. I'll keep myself very busy tomorrow. I can now go to sleep knowing that I'm not alone - there's only so many times I can call my husband at work to say "help!". So thanks, from the bottom of my heart. It's a horrible, horrible addiction and I've only now just come to realize how many years I've wasted on it. I don't enjoy smoking at all anymore. BTW, my name is Marie and it's so nice to meet all of you. Marie
LOL Phil, no I can't. I've also been with my husband since 15! I did notice at the beginning of Chantix that my sense of smell was getting better though, LOL you're funny. Ok, it's 4 am here and my 4 yo will be in in 3 hours. Nite. See you all tomorrow! Thank you so much!
Hi, I'm new here and I went through the tutorial, every single word. I'm 45, have smoked since age 15, smoke(d) 30 cigarettes daily, I'm female, married to a smoker who is also quitting with me and have a child that is 4. We started Chantix on December 17, 2006. I smoked as directed for week 1, felt sick, got sick, then adjusted to the medicine. I was supposed to have a quit date of December 24. From December 24 to January 3, I have had a total of 20 cigarettes. In 11 days, there were a couple of days where I took only a drag and then a day like today where I had 3.5 cigarettes. I'm dismayed at my inability to stick with the program as planned on December 24, but I'm not kicking myself to death because I have reduced my cigarettes from 330 in this period to 20. That has to count for something (I so need support). My husband had a shaky start but he's all gung ho now. He had the cigarettes and I haven't purchased a pack of my own brand since December 24th. There are 3 cigarettes left (horrible that I know all off this to the exact figures). I'm going to search your site, look for your tips. There is nothing more in the world that I want right now than to be smoke free. I am sick and tired of the addiction and I'm killing myself and those around me. This site is so impessive. The applicaton alone is just astounding. I hope I make some friends here who can help me when I can't get past that craving FOR GOOD. Thank you for listening and I'm sorry this is so long, I just had to get it all out.
Thanks so much. All I am able to do today is read and cry. It's so hard. I'll be back to re-read your replies, that is why I can't name you right this minute. I'm so grateful I found this board and my meter is working now. Gosh, it has to get better. It surely can't get worse than the sweats and crying jags I'm having right now. Today by far has been the worst day. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Freedom ! You've come to an absolutely wonderful site to quit smoking. The members here have helped me more than they'll ever know. We are all here for you, so post as often as you wish - vent, rant, ramble, whatever you need to do! If you come to a cross road and need HELP please come here right away and post. Wait for at least 10 responses and you'll see that your craving will have likely passed by then :) Read as much as possible too. ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))) of support ! Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,290 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $576 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi freedom for me welcome to the SSC, you will get loads of support on here congrats on your decision to quit lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,068 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �284 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$113,570.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 15

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Freedom4me, and that's exactly what this is, freedom for yourself. You have taken the first steps toward that freedom, and you should really congratulate yourself. But now it's time to set your date. You have to want to quit more than you want to smoke. Even those 20 smokes, admirable as the reduction is, will set up a positive reinforcement (yes I said positive) for smoking. Craving felt, cigarette smoked, positive reinforcement given (Addiction fed, withdrawal avoided). Think about this, as you go about your daily routine. I think that most people on Chantix said that they didn't really feel like smoking any more, but a few have said that they still wanted to. So now it's up to you. Do you want to quit more than you want to smoke? There is a lot of support and information on this site. More than you could read in a year. But read as much as you can, given that you have a 4 year old! And post lots, both when you need help and when you can give it. Go for the freedom, you do sooo deserve it. Denise [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/helloparrot.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 94 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57

Reading this thread: