Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

I want my cigarettes back!!!

17 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You gotta get mad! I know exactly what your going through. The last time I quit for two and a half months, then I thought I can handle one cigarette. The next week I was back to smoking a pack a day. You gotta be strong. For me it was the realisation that I am a very strong person with everything except this. You are stronger than a plant. Your not going to wake up tomorrow and be cured. It takes time and you have to want to quit more then you want to smoke. But I take it one day at a time and in twenty minutes I'll be at day 19. I woke up one day and said that's it. I wanted to make a demo but couldn't afford the studio time. Now I'm 190 closer. I wake up in the morning and if it's a hard day I always look in the mirror and say "How bad do you want it." It takes your money, your pride, and eventually your life. This is a great site and we are all in this together. Don't concern yourself with the rich and famous who are doing it. They won't be there for you when things get back; however, I can assure you that we will. Best of luck to you materialgirl. Stay strong. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 454 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit yesterday for the second time. I quit last time, cold turkey, for about 3 months. Then I freaked out about never getting to smoke again and gave in. So I decided to have my last cig Sunday night. I was so excited to be quitting, now I regret taking all those cigarettes for granted. So, I used the patch for the first time yesterday which didn't seem to do much so I stopped using that. I figured I'd just get all the nicotine out of me as soon as possible. Now, I'm crying like every couple hours. It's so repulsive that I'm crying over cigarettes. But the most absolutly impossible thing about this is realizing that I will never have another cigarette. I feel like I should be allowed to smoke for a couple more years. A lot of people start smoking at 19...which is why I think I should get to enjoy it for a few more years. I know this is all irrational thinking. The "bad, scary" things about smoking really don't seem that awful anymore. And I see these celebrities do it and as terrible and pathetic as this is, somehow seeing celebs smoking validates it. I really wish I hadn't quit right now, but everytime I tell myself to go buy a pack, some curious and annoying part of me says to wait and see what it's like to be a non smoker. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and be happy that I quit, but right now is what counts and I'm not happy that I decided to do this. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.93 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You guys are freakin' inspiring. Today was a lot better, although working in a place that sells cigarettes really test you. Everytime I have to get someone cigarettes, it kills me. Thank you so much for all of your responses...I'll be around! xoxo mg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 33 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.86 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
materialgirl, I hate to do this to you, but go to some web-sites that deal with oral cancers. It will scare the crap out of you. All forms of tobacco even cigs can cause this. You don't want that. It worked for me. Fed_up [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 338 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm using the patches and find them useful for "physical" withdrawl symptoms, but the mental cravings are another story. Driving past a gas station, and digging deep inside of myself to not stop and purchase a pack. Eating dinner and not going outside to have a cig afterwards. You have to find different ways to spend your time you would usually spend smoking. Keep busy, go for a walk or go to a public place that is non-smoking. At three weeks out, the daily trigger's have diminished considerably. Just take it one craving and one day at a time. Your doing great. Keep posting!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 491 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $121 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to SSC.I am on the 2nd step of the patch at this time. I admire your strength and conviction to just go for it! You have done it once before for 3 months..This proves you can do it, This also shows we have be weary to let our gaurd down in the future....That is why the mantra is NOPE (not one puff ever) know it..love it..live it!!---Kevin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 446 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $101.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh hell yes guys...80 it is, then! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 458 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $101.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
materialgirl, welcome to the SSC yo will find lots of support here what you are feeling is quite normal, and i would urge you to give the patch a try for more than a day, i used it and really found it helped you can do this just believe in yourself lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 541 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$113,540.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 22

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your addiction may want your cigarettes back but do YOU really want them back? I know it's hard to separate the two but what are the benefits you are feeling you are missing by not smoking. Please check out the post by Jacko in the general forum called something like the 25 lies of the nicodemon. It is inspired stuff. Find the reasons you think you are missing something and read what that post says about it. There really isn't a good reason to smoke except to feed an addiction. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 886 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $176 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I started smoking at 15. I was always sure that I could quit anytime I wanted to, that I could smoke for just another couple of years, etc, etc. Well, now I'm 55 years old. My face is so wrinkled, you'd think I was 75. I am so glad I quit now, but beleive me, this is a very fragile quit. I have grandchildren now, and I don't want them to know me as a smoker. I don't want my body, my clothes, my house, my car to smell like tobacco smoke. I sooo wish I could turn back the clock, to where I was babysitting after school, and teaching myself how to smoke. Isn't that the stupidest thing? You have to TEACH yourself how to smoke. I remember the first time I craved a cigarette, in class. I remember thinking to myself...what have you done? When I see teens standing outside highschool and smoking..I want to stop my car..roll down the window and yell at them.."Do you want to look like me?" "Keep smoking!" In my heart of hearts I know they won't give a d**--they're young, nothing can happen to them..they'll always be beautiful, always in control. Please please try to get over this bad time. I'm still going through withdrawals, but I know that I will survive..I will come out on the other side. Who needs to stick rolled up peices of paper, stuffed with dried stuff, into their mouths and draw noxious smoke into their beautiful, pink, lungs? Not me! N.O.P.E. Please hold on to your quit Material Girl. You are worth it. Love yourself. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,708 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $462 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34

Reading this thread: