Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

1st Day, Why do I feel like Crying??

18 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
it's ok you will be fine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Every time I have quit that is the first feelinh I have... Like a very close friend has died. I moarn then get angree.. i feel your pain...
18 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
first day here too.....its only been 5 hours for me......i dread the morning cup of coffee...should i skip the coffee
18 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ahh, thanks you guys! Aruba2006, that is what it is like, loosing my best friend! omg, I am tearing up again. And I am getting angry because I feel SOO stupid! lol, thanks Mama. The weather, that is a really good analogy, I hadn't thought of. Good luck on your journey!!
It is so silly! It has only been 2 hours and I feel like someone has DIED! I wanna cry. Tears are in my eyes, ready to flow! Why do I feel like this? Thanks for any help/advice. Did anyone else have this happen??
I am not planning on doing it, but can someone tell me what happens if I smoke with the patch on? Won't I get sick? And OMG-osh!! thank you for all your support!! MY first post, and you guys are soo nice! Thanks so much! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Wow! Thanks everyone! I really can't tell you how much it helps with your support. It kind of makes me mad b/c my family is like, "Cool, you quit, end of story!" But it's NOT, and you all know that. Thanks Aruba2006, for checking in with me! 39 hours smoke free. It sucks, but I am doing it. I have not been around anyone who has been smoking (I think that will be a little hard), but I saw some smoke coming from a smoke stack on my way to work this morning and I wanted to go breath it in. Yuck, how sick is that! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 32 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
[quote] Each day , each hour, you don't smoke... you are rewarded in someway. Your gaining so much.... [/quote] Lol, weight! haha. I feel like if I can't put toxic waste in my mouth, I guess ice cream will have to do!
As i just come in from smoking here at work, take a bread and go outside and light up, i come back in and smell that nasty smell, and taste that nasty taste in my mouth, i know i will not miss that when i do quit...each day that i come to this site, my brain is changing...i keep thinking i might as well do it today, why not right now, b/c i am scared that if i don't stop right this second, i won't do it....my date to quit is July 26th, my 40th bday.....i want to do it sooner, but then again, i want to be prepared. I think i will call my doc and get a script for wellbutrin...i had one before but never took one single pill. I have a whole box of patches too, never put one on. So, please keep up your chin, and keep your mouth closed to cigs...they are rotten, and you are stronger than them!!!!!!!! I will be soon too!!!!!!!!!!! Lord give me strength, b/c i know what lies ahead of me now:) Thanks for the inspiration. I know you can do this:)
Well, i haven't quit smoking as of yet, but just the thoughts of it will make me cry. I am sorry you are having those feelings already. I feel your pain though. Everytime i think about quitting, i get all tight inside and think well there goes my best friend in life, but i know that's not true....i hope your day gets better...Stay strong, and just pray to the lord and he will get you through these tough days ahead.

Reading this thread: