Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

To anyone lurking and thinking of quitting....

17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Meece and Mama I smoked about a pack a day for some 40+ years. The technique I used to quit was to reduce my smoke intake to 4 per day over a two week period. I then set my quit date for two days later. During the two weeks that I was reducing, I was identifying my triggers, those situations that cause you to want to smoke: on the telephone, driving a car, watering the lawn, after dinner smoke, out with the others at work having a smoke� Get your triggers identified and put a plan into place to fill the voids as others have suggested here. Hiking sewing, carrot and celery sticks and of course self talk. It is your fate to do this as it is our fate as well. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 179 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,694 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $939.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 164 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maybe just a lot of self determination and wanting to do the right thing. I smoked for more than 33 years..and don't think that each day that pass i still don't think and remember but i just can't for the life of me see myself going back through the pain that i endured nor do i want to continue to give others the second hand smoke especially those that are so dear to me my grandbabies... So it all deals with doing what one feels is right for them to do .. and how do they feel about themselves and others... I'm not saying if you smoke or go back to smoking you are a bad person not this is not true at all .. it just indicates that it is not your time ..you are not ready to give up that part of your life .. to me and this is just my opinion .. it does not make you any worst of an individual .. you are caught up with a horrible drug ..and i understand and i'm sure others do as well .. about the habit ..and how hard it can be to let go .. and how easy it is to go back ... so again .. it's you over the junk .. (the junk being the cigarettes.. nicotine) sometimes.. we have the strength and sometimes that strength just have not made it our way... but if you have not decided on the QUIT.. go back read Jacko's ..and read the poem I created about Nico's .. go to the web sites.. come here for support .. get it together..and join us in the QUIT... together .. we are strong and together ..we can and will beat NICOTINE... P.Loving NOW BREATH AND REPEAT AFTER ME .. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LOVE TO LOVEYOU BABBBBBBBBBBBY .. AHHHHHHH LOVE TO LOVE YOU BABYYYYYYYYYYYYY... AND AGAIN... :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 531 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI, I STOPPED TODAY6/16/06 IM USING THE NICODURM CQ PATCH TO HELP ME STOP SO FAR I THINK IM OK IVE GONE JUST AN HOUR AND A HALF WITH OUT ONE BUT I GOT MY MIND MADE UP THAT I CAN DO THIS.
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just wanted to bump this thread, I remember it from when I first quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 965 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �285 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If you are reading this now and thinking about joining, then join. This place really DOES work! I was reading back to where I started from, and looking at threads then, from my first few days, first few weeks. I thought like my head was going to explode. I am 5.5 weeks in now, and you would think that i didnt have to go through anything. I did, but this place did help me through it. No matter what you are going through, if it is to do with quitting smoking you can guarantee there is someone here who was been through it the words of wisdom... they really are pearls. I know and other people seem to know that this quit is different to any other quit. I was on Zyban, but I came off of that, and I am fine. Yes i think about smoking sometimes, but hey I think about ex partners sometimes, doesnt mean to say I want a relationship with them again, i dont, its just a memory. As long as you think of it like that you will be fine. It does get easier as time goes on. Now I rarely think about smoking at all, when I do, I can just distract my mind it isnt painful, not like it was in the beginning when my head felt tight and i felt so stressed.. that has gone. If i have stress now, it is stress i would have had anyway.. So any new takers? Anyone out there lurking and thinking of quitting, would you like to join us? Or have you already quit, and just reading, introduce yourself, we would like to meet you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 966 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �285 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
18 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
THANKS BREAKING FREE TO START THIS THREAD!!! :) Here I am and I agree that those who is out there as guests (i have seen a fair bit on the guest browsing list) JOIN US.. We are a great community that support each other and it doesnt take many posts until you get to know a few.. It is nice to join your monthly quitting group where u get a sense of belonging.. We are all ex-smokers or quitters or whatever you want to call it!! JOIN NOW!!!! My experience as a smoker is like mama's ---Have tried to quit so many times that i "gave up on giving up". I grew up among smokers and started myself at 14--have been a VERY HEAVY SMOKER FOR 26 YEARS!!! Smoking is a part of me---> Im on Zyban this time and decided that this time im not "JUST HAVING ONE PUFF" will not work--i will never smoke again!!! However--Im going through a HELL of a time and as i have been fearing the failure,, im in here a lot --a couple of times a day.. My housework is behind, doesnt matter--I have so far felt that this site is giving support--it is people in here who knows what we are going through.. So if you are around--join the community--Do not delay.. ann down under [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 484 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $174.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
this is the first thread I ever posted on.... I have been quitting on this site for 60 days... I had one slip... I am now 302 days slip free.. and when i think of what a journey this is and has been and will be, i am amazed at God, the world he made and the me he made! I will never be the same person I was the day I responded to this post no matter what. This day was a defining day in my life, just as important as the birth of my children, my marrage or my divorse. Thank you everybody for supporting me and letting me be here. Newcommers, do it, just quit. It will change your life. Love, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,318 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $182.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$75,005.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6529 Hours: 22

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, this is Mama two weeks later! I made it this far do you believe it! Cold Turkey, Two whole weeks!!!! I don't believe it, my kids don't believe it, my dogs don't believe it, my mom doesn't believe it, this is soooooo unreal to me!!! Here I am, not a lick of nicotine in me!!!! Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $79.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$75,005.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are awesome Mama! You really prepared. You have really worked hard. You know what time it is right? It is time to celebrate! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,035 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$54,549.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 7

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, here I am, and I am going to try letting this site help me quit smoking. I have been smoking 30 years and have tryed to quit more times than I can count. I smoke 2 or sometimes more packs a day and definatly have a strong connection with smoking and my self identity. I was raised in a smoking household with two smoking parents and all of my extended family smokes (and tends to die of stokes and heart attacks, gee..I wonder why) I have 4 kids, 3 of which smoke. The biggest think I am trying different this time is hypnosis. I have an appointment on June 1st at 5pm. Has anyone here tryed that or heard anything about it? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$75,005.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: