Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,839 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

Hard time... but doing it ....

18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Babs, glad to see that you are still somke free. Don't worry at all about coming on here and telling us your story, we understand. Don't forget we have been exactly where you are in your quit and we know what it is like, thats why this is a great place to hang out. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 998 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �207.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Babs, sounds like you're determined, and that is such an important part of this quit thing! I'm with you, if I had had any cigs around, they would have been smoked, but luckily I knew this about myself and made that part of my stragegy. I think I was very lucky the first few days, and it may be because I had a session with a hypnotist about a week before I quit, plus I listened to a CD called "Stop Smoking Now - Women" that contained some subliminal affirmations etc about not smoking. I still listen to it! It seems to help me alot. Like I said in my earlier post, I knew my subconscious was/is very vulerable to the nicodemon, probably true for everyone on this site! I actually had a harder time around the 15-25 day period, and from time to time have a hard day, but nothing like the first week! Just knowing you're clearing that nicotine out of your system helps immensely. Keep close to this site, I find just reading things other people have gone through and how they've handled them are very inspriational! Good luck and blessings to you! Stay strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,328 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $352 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Babs, I just got back on yesterday or the day before I can't remember which. Anyway I was looking for you tonight to see how you were doing. Glad to see everything is okay. Wow I could not believe 13 days already. Keep up the good work. Iwin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,379 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $472 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi babs, so glad to see you hangin' in and hangin' on. Like Islandgirl said, you HAVE made it through Hell Week!! Yippee!! It will start to get a little easier for you soon. You should be very proud of yourself, and don't forget a nice treat too. Keep Strong, [color=Red]redrosie[/color] :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,939 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1012.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/thcongrats2525252525204nanas2520sna.gif[/IMG] Babs on 24 days - Awesome Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 578 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $100.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW Babs! I'm impressed. Being around all those smokers and holding your head high and showing them how it is done. I still do my best to stay away from smokers. You are correct in your assumption that people who smoke don't want to see others quit and succeed. My dad still says... I'm going out on the deck to have a wonderful cigarette. It doesn't bother me like it use to. Do not envy the smoker. You are fighting for freedom and winning. They are heading straight for distruction and don't even realize it. I think you are doing great! Stay in the trailer, go for a walk, do whatever it takes, just don't smoke! I'm proud of you too! Time for a big reward! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 312 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,254 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1092 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Babs I'm so glad to see you! I was getting worried. Keep going. Hell week is over and you are doing a great job. It sucks I know, but hang in there because you win in the end. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 306 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,129 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1071 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
Babs... How are you doing today?
18 years ago 0 172 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Babs - Way to Go! 24 days is awesome *pats back* and, despite appearances, it only gets better from here. I think the smokers that avoided you after you told them you didn't were doing you a big favor, but the one that said a cig would always be there for you is horrible! Many smokers, especially those who have tried and failed to quit, will deliberately try to get you to smoke. That, IMHO, is evil. You have something they want. Willpower, power over the physical and habitual effects of smoking. Jealousy breeds hatred and sabotage. :mad: The bottom line and most important thing is that you're not smoking. Stay strong and visit here often. I'm curious... Na hasn't posted in this thread for 19 days. She started around the same time as Babs and I wonder how she's doing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 38 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Babs. Congratulations on your second day quit and welcome to hell week. :) Yep! You're experiencing the same withdrawal symptoms that most all of us have felt. There are a chosen few who don't go through this, but that's because they are genetic defects, mutants. (J/K to those few, lucky you) My first day was spent having to stop going out to smoke every few seconds. My muscles would tense to walk outside, then I'd stop myself. It was like taking a walk with a big dog that likes to run and constantly jerked on the leash. Little work got done and by the end of the day I was physically wiped out. Second day was the day of "voices in my head". A constant chatter of junkie thoughts trying to get me to smoke. Very distracting. Not much done that day either, couldn't concentrate. On the third day it felt like I'd been quit for months and I was just so fed up with all the stress. About mid-morning I left work, went to the store, bought a pack of cigs (no intention of smoking), came back to work, and destroyed them one by one while cursing everything and everyone even remotely related to tobacco. Then I found out that the physical withdrawal only lasts about 72 hours and felt really foolish for not waiting a bit longer. Oh, well. Whatever works, right? :) You're doing great, Babs. Right now distraction is your best friend. I understand you don't get around very well (read some of your posts), so just stay close to us, read much, post often. Let us know how you're doing. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 339 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,791 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1288.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 63 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33

Reading this thread: