Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,788 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

I'm hoping it gets easier..

18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is day nine for me, and I still think about cigarettes too much. I'm using the patch (nicotrol, 15 mg), which I'm sure is helping alot. I mean, I haven't killed anybody, so that's a good sign. But I keep thinking about cigarettes; like, "Oh, right about now I'd be going downstairs to have a smoke". It doen't help that it's a slow day at work, either.
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Treesh. I am on the patch too. I think what you are going through is the newness of all the extra time you have now that you don't smoke. You need to find something to do with all that time. It is really hard to do at work. Especially if your work buds smoke. I find myself just wandering around on my break at work. Keep Strong and you will get through it. :)[color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 731 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $249 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there, it does get easier...but you need to work at it! Read as much as you can to help you understand what you are daling with. Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 382 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �270 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Treesh. Congratulations on 9 days quit and welcome to the SSC. Slow days are a real bummer early in a quit. The two biggest threats, based on what I've seen here, are boredom and stress. You're just a bit over a week into quitting an addiction you served for years. Don't expect to undo years in just a few days. You should reward yourself often in this time of your quit. It helps. Hang in there, Treesh. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 253 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,069 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $961.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there - it will get better...the thoughts will still come, but not as often...i barely thought about smoking at all yesterday =) Post here, read over old posts, check your list of reasons to quit, drink water, chew gum/hard candy, breathe deep...by the time you've done all that a couple times it will be time to go home!! Lucy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 986 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $331.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thinking about smoking is ok, just dont act on it. You do think about eating or sleeping and you dont worry about that. So, when you think about smoking just look at it as a thought and go on with what your doing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 285 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,710 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2137.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Treesh, This is normal :) Have your tried avoidance and Distraction? Perhaps a new hobby to alleviate stress and help with the cravings. Exercise is also a great way to relax and alleviate. Check with your doctor before starting anything vigorous. Hoep this helps, Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: