Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Not really quit ?

16 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Peace (and Naomi, too) - Everyone has their own individual way to quit smoking successfully. If the NRT works for you, then that's all that matters. Your quit is yours and yours alone so don't let anybody else's ignorant comments distract or discourage you. You are not smoking anymore, therefore you have QUIT SMOKING! Keep up the great work and BREATHE easy (feels good, right?) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 372 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,464 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,517.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$119,552.36

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 2

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 229 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Naomi.. No I don't have doubts about me being on a NRT - it's the people around me who don't see that quitting smoking is a process. They THINK that I'm not [b]really[/b] quit because I'm still getting nicotine, just in another form. I was really getting sick and tired of their words and came here to vent. And just for the record, yes, I am, as others are too, getting nicotine in another form.. but, we are weaning ourselves off of the nicotine AND not taking in all those HORRIBLE, cancer CAUSING chemicals ! Also tried explaining this to these 'people'.. but they just don't get it. I feel so strong and committed to this quit, more so than all the other attempts in the past. Yes Naomi, together we can do this ! :) Staying strong and keeping positive are both 2 major keys to beat this horrid addiction ! Your stats are looking great ! Peace :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $261.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been having some of the same feelings as you (doubts about my quit on NRT) I haven't had a bunch of idiots saying silly things though, just my own little voice. I don't know about you but I look at smoking like a sickness I needed to get over and now with the help of some medicine, I am! That has got to be a great thing right? together we can do this along with everyone else on here :) Keep strong, think positive :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 208 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �13.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 149 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
there behavior has a TON to do with; if you, a real person in your smoking freind's life can really quit (is really quit) than maybe they might have to re-evaluate their own "quitting is impossible" self talk.. yes its rude, yeah they said they would support you but, you are making their nicodemon(s) very uncomfortable. keep proving to them that the impossible is possible and soon you will be referring them to the SCC... is jelousy and ignorance and plain old green envy..congrats
Hey Lainey ! Thanks.. I am proud of how far I've come.. going all the way baby ;) And it really is lack of knowledge on their part. If one day one of them decides to take the leap and stop smoking maybe they'll eat their words -- or one of THEIR patches ! HA ! :eg: AND LAINEY -- I just love YOUR STATS ! ! ! Eilis, I've heard of some people who get addicted to the NRT's. Wishing you all the best of ridding yourself of the last step :) Peace :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $252.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 120 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm still on NRT at 88 days because quitting it was reviving emotional problems, my doc's advice: you smoked for 36 years, I'd much rather you on NRT. Whatever happens with the NRT I know i won't go back to smoking not one puff ever. til i die. I've gotten to four months before,a lso using nrt . something that's doing wonders for me is a little stop smoking in 3 minutes hypnosis clip i found on youtube. i was in a ward with a woamn with emphysema, i saw a documentary of a woman who couldn't quit into the terminal stages of emphysema...of course she feared quitting more than dying, but she had to quit anyway once the tubes went down her throat. A friend described his uncles death, lungs filling up with liquid and getting vacuumed out every half hour.I know i won't do that to myself. The nrt has given me the breather to change my thinking from smoke-treat to smoke-choke. I'm one of the small percent -10% who become long term users of nrt. i've accepted it. i'll shop around for the right help to quit nrt when things are on an even keel in my life. whatever gets us through, not one more cent to the cynical ruthless tobacco baron's. we are their nightmare, I'm helping my greengrocer quit, our quits inspire quits love and hugs to all the marvellous generous quitters here at SCC Elaine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �655.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Peace! You have every reason to be proud of your almost one month quit! You are a non smoker! I am a patch user too, (61 days worth) I wouldn't have been able to quit without them and I am darn proud of my quit too! Just chalk it up to lack of knowledge on their part. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 393 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,825 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,146.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
so long as you are not smoking you are quit!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
I think I've got my own personal ROOTING team ! ! ! RAH RAH RAH ;) WOW !!! You are all SO freaking GREAT :) :) I SO needed to read all that you've all written. I mean I wasn't about to quit my quit or anything - but c'mon where's the support that you'd figure your so called good friends and family members are supposed to give you ? And look at this -- Here you all are showering me with so much support and compassion which is totally overwhelming ! So here I am .. QUIT ! Using an NRT and I'm standing proud of my progress thus far ! Hey quit buddy... JIM ;) 4 weeks smoke free tomorrow ;p Jazz I love that quote from Unhooked (and no haven't met her...) [quote] unless you roll the patch up, stick it in your mouth and set fire to it, you are officially quit! [/quote] Thanks again to all my buddies here.. big MWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHH ! Peace :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $243.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Peace, I know EXACTLY where you are coming from, and I'm going to let you in on a little secret: not smoking IS QUIT! Ha, bet you already knew that! Next time those ignorant fools open their mouths, tell them that ignorance is no excuse for rude behavior and that should stump them entirely! You are doing wonderful, and if I could get pics here at work I'd show you the picture of an audience clapping someone gave me the other day when I was feeling very much like you were today. Hang in there, and just ask US for the kudos, we are sure gonna give em to you, cuz you are A STAR! Hugs, Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $415.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7

Reading this thread: