Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,798 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

Tomorrow, 6 years smokefree

12 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Dutch, You just made some very insightful comments there.  I have also felt as you that I only quit because I really wanted to and it was not because I had to.  When I reach out to others I find it's not always that easy for people to take the message.  Anyway you are a very wise person and I appreciate your thoughts.
Ron 
12 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Jan, I remember you too.

Nice to be a non smoker.....

All the best to you.

@ Ron, it's always nice to help other people but I have to tell you that smokers
are not the easiest people to work with. When they have to stop it is not their own decision.
 That makes it harder to quit I think. If you want to quit it is easier than when you have to quit.

But on the other hand it gives me a good feeling when they start listening to what I have to say and
then change their mind about smoking. Then they have a bigger change to succes.

Nice day to you all and remember that smoking is never an option, no matter what happens in your life.

Hugs, Dutch.

12 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dutch,
Congrats on 6 years quit.  Amazing that you took a horrible addiction and created a book to help others.  What an inspiration.
Thanks for stopping by.
Ron 
12 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on your 6 year anniversary Dutch!  I remember when your quit was fairly new.  All the best to you!

Cheers,
Jan
Hello Willisv,

Thanks for your reply. No need to thank me, I am glad to help others quit smoking.

It's nice if I can tell people how much happier and nicer your life gets when you don't have to smoke anymore.

Have a nice day :)
12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Dutch, Very nice to meet you. I wanted to personally thank you for coming back and offering your help.
Thank you all for the congrats.

I'm really happy with you guys. I will stop by more because I think I can be a help to some quiters.
Here in Holland I help people quitting. My doctor sends them to me.
Mostly they are ill and have lungproblems. I help them for free.

Sometimes they are really dumb....(sorry). A woman came here and she needed help.
She came back from the hospital, she had a stroke. She did go on smoking though so I told her that it maybe was
better to get some nicotinetablets or gum. No, she said, I am not allowed to take nicotine....
Who told you that? I asked. She said: My doctor said I can never ever take nicotine...
But you still smoke I said. Yes, I do but I need to stop. Then take the nicotinegums I said again.
No, she said, I'm not allowed.....She didn't understand me and finally I gave up.
She still smokes and will probably the rest of her life.

Anyway.....If anyone need help, feel free to ask me.

Have a nice day :)

12 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
6 years is wonderful Dutch!  Congratulations on your freedom from tobacco for 6 entire years!  I hope you have a great reward planned : )  Eyja
12 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dutch, congrats on 6 smoke free trips around the sun!  Dinner is a lovely reward to celebrate.  Not sure if you ever get to Amsterdam, but I found a wonderful restaurant called Brasserie Vlaming, a block or two down from the Anne Frank House.  I found it on my trip over to Holland last fall and it is amazing!  #1 rated on Trip Advisor too!  Here's to the next 6 smoke free years, and beyond!
12 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Dutch!

Congratulations on your wonderful six smoke-free years and thanks for stopping by to share your milestone with us!  I'd love to read your book sometime, so I guess I'm going to have to do a little web browsing!  I'm glad that you will be stopping by now and then to continue lending your support!  

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,730.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1070 Hours: 11

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked