Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,781 Members

Please welcome our newest members: LBUELA, RBORBON, ATIQUI, A_Cyclist, Cecilia_EH

OMG What have I DONE!

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a horrible feeling I just got in the pit of my stomach reading this. I cannot imagine how it would be to experience that. Don't ever want too. Glad you are climbing back on the wagon with us and let this remind everyone- NOPE!!!!!!! NOPE!!!!!! NOPE!!!!!! CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,130 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $231 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vurt, Get back to being quit as fast as you can! I did the same thing - quit in July 2001 and started again 9 months later.... as you can see, it took me years to get back to being quit. phoenix N.O.P.E. - not one puff ever!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,944 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �735 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vurt, you have to quit again right now, leave it any longer and it is going to be much harder. Do what you want with the quit meter, whatever motivates you to stop and stay stopped - that is all that matters. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,370 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �285 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
18 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The same thing happened to me, and I know how horrible you must be feeling! What's important is that you're back here and resolved to quit again, instead of letting it drag on for months or years of beating yourself up for slipping. It will be easier this time because you KNOW you can do it - you've done it before. Just resolving to quit again is the hardest part, and you've done that. So tomorrow when you want your morning cigarette, remind yourself that you aren't going to postpone your quit, not even one day! I've had soooo many "last cigarettes" over the past three months, but not one of them was satisfying enough that I felt like I'd never need another. You've just gotta take the plunge. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It never ceases to amaze me how someone quit for so long can go back to the horrible enslavement of smoking. After the taste of freedom I cannot imagine stepping that far backwards in time. I sincerely hope I do not ever have that weak of a moment. I know it is always possible because people like you tell us so. Thank you for reminding us that we are forever addicts and must always protect our quits. I hope you find the strength to go at it again. It is a tough road to travel. Best wishes. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 333 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,669 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1165.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 579 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vurtgamecat, Thank goodness you managed to recover your quit. Know that you will be vulnerable to those junkie thoughts for a while. I want you to remember how evil this addiction is...how it whispers to you every now and then. Do not entertain or romanticise thoughts of smoking - you know you hate it when it has it's hands over your throat. Kudos to you for getting back on the wagon. Lizzie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,044 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5112 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 110 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$8,934.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 790 Hours: 8

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
vurt, Take what you have learned and work with it! Why did you start up again? We are always here to help, and know that if you are actively thinking, you can actively be doing as well. We are ready when you are, Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: