Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

1st thing in the morning & after dinner.. A A A !

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For those who are creatures of habit, task smokers, or people who just love their routines (I was one of those) just shaking up the routine works wonders to alleviate those cravings. Have your shower first then your coffee, after dinner sit and have a mint instead of a smoke or do the dishes or another small task right away, it sures screws up the junkie! He's used to the routine so it throws him off! You're doing it Sam! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,266.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 241 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Seamus you are doing great ! You keeping hanging in hon because it does get easier and taking it moment by moment, day by day is the key to a successful quit. :) A belated Happy Canada Day to you ! So much in life to be happy about huh ? Now, time to focus on today and keep on mixin' it up ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sam...good to read your determination to kick this nasty demon to the curb........i am just getting done day 1 right now.........but way to go.........one moment at a time.........So glad to read things are getting a little easier at those difficult times and that you have stuck with it...........btw........even though it's now over.........Happy Canada Day as well!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sam, you are so doing this right & you are going to be succesful. Mixing up your routine to confuse the junkie is brilliant (she's loud but not that smart). I'm so happy to hear that you're hanging in & what a great attitude. WOOHOO!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $550.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Hey Tresa and unhooked ! Well I'm so happy to report that the cravings which were usually really REALLY bad 1st thing in the morning and then right after dinner have now just become a mild annoyance :) I've mixed up my days in such a way that I'm busy/distracted at all of the appropriate times when I would most definitely be hit with a trigger. I sure hope you are doing well.. What with our long weekend and all, there was a lot of spare time, but once again, made sure I had a list to keep things rolling along ! xo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats all i needed to know, Glad your still in here :) Way to go, you have the attidude to do this, and you will, cause you want it. Take care Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1786 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,251.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 251 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$14,575.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 688 Hours: 12

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, Sam, nice to see you hangin in with such a great attitude! We missed you at the treehouse but the party is going all weekend, so stop in sometime! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 940 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $517.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
Hiya Tresa ! I am here :) I posted early this morning and then responded to some other threads. Things are going quite well hon. Of course it's not easy, didn't expect it to be, but I'm rolling with the craves, keeping my coping tools close by and just going along. How are you doing ? Are you having a good day ? This weekend is our Canada Day long weekend :) I don't have anything planned, but I do know that I'll be keeping busy, going for walks, my sister and her family are coming over for a visit and so on.... Now just heading into the kitchen to make dinner ..MMMMMMMMmmmm! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $43.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
Sam are you around here today?? I hope you are hanging in there Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1786 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,251.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 251 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$14,575.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

hi Everyone, i did alot of embroidery, i stayed very busy doing whatever it took to get away from a craving, I ate altoides by the pack there was something about that flavor burst that helped. I am one that worries about my weight so i had a paper on my fridge that said YOU CAN LOOSE WEIGHT BUT YOU CANT LOOSE EMPHYSEMA, there are many thing ones can do, and we have to do WHATEVER it takes to get through a craving and not to give in and have a smoke, it gets better as time goes on , it really does. there is alot of good idead here have a great day Tresa :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1786 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,251.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 251 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$14,575.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: