Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

major crave woke me up!

16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So are you a little spacy LOL, iam Queen of being spacy :) oh and yes do live and think in today this minute , this hour whatever it takes, Just think you have gotten through another day WOOOOOO HOOOOOO, and we will help you, i had those that held my hand through my quit here and iam still friends with most of them, i owe my quit to the support here and my Husband, yea i will be 5 years in about 2 months :) and iam very proud because i dident even want to quit, let alone do it, I know you will get this done Talk to you later Hang tough Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1784 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35,680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,244.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 251 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$14,575.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 688 Hours: 12

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 241 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well Tresa I thank you for taking the time to check in on me .. and YES ! 3 more days and I'll have a whole week smoke free :) I do have to admit that I can't wrap my mind around anything past the day I'm in.. I kind of get a little weirded out when I do that so I just stay in the moment/day I'm in.. But, on the other hand I did think about that this morning while I was eating breakfast ;) You have WONDERFUL stats .. You're an incredible inspiration to a newbie such as myself and I feel quite fortunate to have someone like you offering up so much motivation and support ! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 80 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $29.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
Hi Sam 3 more days and you will have a whole week smokefree, and that will be a very big deal, as far as the support i give you , you just sounded so much like me in the beginning so i wanted to help you. I dont get here too often and for me its so hard to keep up with too many at a time, but ive always felt if we can help just one stay smokefree than we have done a GOOD thing :) I wish all the new people well with their quits, quitting is a BIG DEAL and every milestone is a big celebration and we will have you one week saturday, hang tough , you can do this, Ride it through Have a wonderful day Tresa My daughters gave me my occupation Title, when i quit working a few years ago :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1784 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35,680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,244.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 251 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$14,575.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sam - just stopping by to say hi quickly - I'm not about much today, but I can say arghhhh for you - you're doing great - maybe catchya tomorrow... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 90 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �15.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
Good morning Tresa :) Thank you so much for your concern about me.. ;) I actually posted about the heaviness in my chest when I woke up today - Like I'd smoked 2 packs in a short period of time. It was a little unnerving but now it's passed. I do see this journey as something celebratory, a new me, a fork in the road and I'm choosing that smoking is not an option for me .. EVER ! The encouragement I'm receiving here is beyond my wildest dreams.. It's certainly motivating me to get through the next moment, the next day :) Btw Tresa - I LOVE YOUR OCCUPATION ! LOL ! And your stats are truly fantastic ! Have a super day and thanks again for checking in on me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 80 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $29.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
good morning Sam, Just checking in on you this morning WOW you are doing really good, you sound just like i did in the beginning, your right smoking just is not an option, you GOT IT. stay with the good quit, and i will be checking back stay strong you are doing great Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1784 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35,680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,244.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 251 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$14,575.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks Lynne and Unhooked :) Yes Unhooked Ex is looking after me like a mother to her cub.. sooooooooo sweet :) Today had moments of high anxiety and I am so proud of myself with the way I was able to cope with it and I didn't even think once that smoking was an option ! Isn't that the coolest?! I've NEVER been through a really stressful/anxiety ridden day/ moment without grabbing a smoke and TODAY I DID IT WITHOUT ONE ! Now I'm just plain tired .. I am going to throw in a dvd - The Devil Wore Prada and surround myself with lots of cut up veggies, homemade low cal dip and ice water. Goodnight all and have a good evening ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sam, congrats on getting through t he first 3 days sorry i wasn't here but i have had pc problems and couldn't get on line for a couple of days keep up the good work lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 245 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,675 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �980.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$113,537.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 19

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, sam, glad it's going better for you. You have great enerfy & a wonderful attitude. You're going to do this! & Ex-roller what a good friend you are to look in on Sam! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $484.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
Thank you Lamplighter and Tresa for your moral support ! Yes, I'm doing it.. WOO HOO ! I'm making sure that I have my coping tools close by and I just keep telling myself that when I feel a crave, or get a little confused (this confusion seems to come often) that I am BETTER than that nicodemon and that I AM in TOTAL control :) It really helps me get through the rough spots. Plus as I've said over and over again, just taking it one moment one day at a time. I've been keeping very busy indoors with a variety of hobbies and light cooking. I have a void of time here right now and that's when I come here to express my feelings.. and the real PLUS is when someone/or other's responds to my posts and gives me support and advice ! Thanks again.. off I go to make a nice cold ice tea ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

Reading this thread: