Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Argh.

17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I keep thinking I should just go and buy a pack. I don't have a reason. I don't even need a reason. I just want to walk down the street and buy a pack. I don't even feel like I'm having that big a craving. Maybe I should give medication a shot? I don't know what to do. I'm not havong one of those three to five minutes of craving... I have been fighting the urge to hit the store for the last couple hours. Any advice? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 231 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$807,316.32

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7299 Hours: 19

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So I didn't go buy a pack yesterday... But it's even worse today. I don't know why this is happening. I haven't had any trouble up until now. I don't think I can do this anymore. I don't think I [i]want[/i] to do this anymore. Ugh. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$807,316.32

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7299 Hours: 19

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Manny, Before you go to the store, may I suggest you go to the forum for New users & general discussion and read the post "Check it out" by Cuddles. Then if you still feel like going to the store, take time to have a nice hot shower first and consider your 11 day quit and what you will get in return for buying and smoking just one stick of poison. Please let us know you've decided there are more reasons to not buy those smokes than there are to do so. We're here if you need any more support. Pat For me there only quit or try dying. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 627 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$121,900.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 971 Hours: 0

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Manny...........please reconsider! You've just gone throught the hardest of all possible weeks, days and hours. It can only get better from here on in!!! They don't call them hell week and heck week for nothing my friend. Think over all the reasons you had for quitting in the first place....do you really want to have to start from scratch again??? Put out another 911 post and all the people who care will come to offer you experienced advice that will be better than what I can give you. I just know that having completed a couple days more than you that if you hang tough for a little longer you will get past this rotten part. Hang in there if you can....I'm rooting for you. Pat :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 665 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $224 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$121,900.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Manny, Check in please....we need to hear you are doing ok, no matter what. :quest: Pat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 658 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $224 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
  • Quit Meter

$121,900.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If you feel like doing something and you don't need a reason, go solve world hunger. Why does it have to be a selfish thing like smoke a cigarette? Or a pack? or really, get back into the pack a day habit? My advice? stick with the choice your brain made at a point when you were rational. Make it difficult. Put your car keys in the freezer, in an ice tray- making ice. Bury your money in the back yard. Ol Nic can be very charming, but you must trust us when we tell you that he is a fierce farce. Distract yourself not only for the next 5 minutes, but for the next 5 days. Do whatever you have to do get over this craziness. re-arrange furniture to loose association and get out physical energy. do something nice for someone. run a mile. drop and do 20. stand on your head (only with a doctor's note). burry your nose in a book. pretend like you're sick and go to bed and stay there. get out with non-smoking people. go to a non-smoking place. What ever you do - fight. fight like your life depends on it. we are right behind you. YOU CAN DO THIS! :mad: Get mad. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 457 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are letting the tobacco tycoons win. You are going to go back to paying those a$$ holes to kill you?? Think rationally here. WHY do you think you WANT to smoke? What good has it EVER done for you?? I assure you you will regret this decision, if in fact you go through with continuing to pollute every part of your existence. Please don't become a statistic. There are so many people out there saying 'I knew you COULDN'T do it!' Prove them all wrong :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 127 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,021 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $449.58 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$545,484.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4206 Hours: 9

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Manny, No you should not go buy a pack. 11 days is awsome. The first few weeks are tough. Just hang in there. Distract yourself, think of some nice rewards for yourself. You are almost done with heck week. It does get easier. You can do this. You are stonger than the addiction and junkie. Keep positive and focus on the goal. Being smoke free and healthy. I am telling you the truth much better being a non smoker. Everything you are going threw now is worth the fight and it will make you stronger.....Hang in there. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 188 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,772 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $752 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Manny, Take some time to explore the reasons why you don't want to anymore. Are they really valid? We understand that quitting is tough but you've gotten through 12 days! You can through today too. Also take some time and look at what rewards you have or haven't been giving yourself for staying smoke free. There is no doubt, quitting requires some effort and if you're not getting anything tangible out it, it's no wonder you're doubting wanting to continue. Danielle ___________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stay right where you are at !!! B R E A T H E - go brush your teeth, stay here and READ til you are blue in the face, just don't smoke. Day 11 can be crummy, but this will pass in minutes you will feel better, what are your coping mechanisms??? You can't just up and go to the store, you have worked hard for your 11 days !!!! You must wait for at least 7 responses here. Hang tough!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 324 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,491 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1134 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14

Reading this thread: