Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

The reason I quit has arrived...And here I am.

17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dunedad, Keep the faith. Remember you are doing it for yourself. Also keep in mind that you do want to be around for the grandkids. I am a firm believer that whatever H-ll your kids put you through, they get payed back in two fold. Don't you want to be around to see that:) Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 395 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have a pain in the ass daughter who I went out to dinner with last night. We were with 4 families and she decided to tell everyone that she was embarrased of me when she was in 6th grade and wished I didn't go with her to the Daddy Daughter dance. Why do you think she waited until she was 13, me in the middle of my quit, after I had a couple of drinks, at dinner (where I normally would have burned one for sure)... Just because all the button are being pushed. Just becasue this sucks. Just becuase you F---ing feel like it and your a grown man just like eveyone else....who the 'f' is going to tell you not to kill yourself with cancer and not see you kids grow up. Not be a grandpa, not retire...I go on nice trips, have some good bucks, smoked when my kids pissed me off. But for the last three weeks I have said "These ciggies don't own me. I own me. I may feel crappy because of this, I might even jump down someones neck, but I won't smoke". I feel great, better than I have in years. My kids are still a pain in the ass sometimes, but I FEEL GREAT. Don't go down to the store...go for a quick walk. Stand outside and breath in that clean crisp air. Keep the faith. Jimmy the Mick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 386 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $143 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice Job Dude, I'm hanging in as well. Not really that big a deal right now, no cravings to speak of and I've gone out and gotten sh*t faced a couple of times with no real hardship. I had a sit down with my 13 year old and told her she was making it harder for me and asked her for her help. It worked for a couple of days...not bad. My 10 year old is Mr. Support. He doesn't want me to smoke ever again and for him...today I WON'T SMOKE ONE! Got some work! Later Dude... Jimmy The Mick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 431 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $162.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Dunedad! auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,815 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $171 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dunedad and Mick... What can I say...lol been there done that? You made my day...you cracked me up with your frankness!! but ...don't you dare cave in and smoke... You are quitting for You Buster...and don't forget it! You want to be around to see the grandchildren of that stubborn 3-yr old don't you? love...auntdeb :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,685 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Dune dad hang tough don't give in to those nasty urges I find your progress astounding and you should too. Now is not the time to throw it all away. Dig in your heels and take charge burn that frustration away on the slopes First chance you get jump into those skis and go like H*ll down that hill and when you reach the bottom congradulate yourself on a job well done. :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $300 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:)You must have been responding the same time as me. Best wishes for your little one. A big sigh of relief for your meter. Catch you on the flip side. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 390 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $190 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
Thanks Peteg. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 389 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $190 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
Sorry to only just now see your post, I had family issues myself over the weekend - you have got to love 'em or else. . . just love 'em. I know at times I have felt frenzied in a crave. Sometimes just looking in the mirror helps scare me straight b/c it is not a pretty sight. I am concerned that I don't see your response to this thread. Whatever the case, we want to be here for you. You have been there for so many of us. I am concerned about your well-being. This isn't about smoking or not. There is not a crisis here to make a decision like that. Nothing of the sort. This is about Dunedad, the confident non-smoker, learning how to tackle life. You already tackled smoking - successfully. This is a case of Ol' Nic's war tactics. He is very good. He knows exactly when to jump you after he has been creeping into your sub conscience for a while. He's a parasite who uses you to make him live. He whispers in your ear the second he sees any hint of stress in your life. Right now he is gleeful. But I think he may not realize the resolve you possess - DO YOU??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 386 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $190 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
p.s. is it significant that your meter is not posted? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 386 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $190 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: