Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,781 Members

Please welcome our newest members: LBUELA, RBORBON, ATIQUI, A_Cyclist, Cecilia_EH

I'm so pathedic

17 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jess you went this long without a smoke, you can get through this. I wanted a smoke sooooooo bad this afternoon, but i kept myself busy. I would forget for a bit, then back he comes. I won't give in. Your right about the holidays. But I know you can get through it. Keep coming back in here, & post your feelings. Your doing good Jess, so keep up the good work.
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
KEEP BUSY ALSO!
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey you! my words exactally, holidays do suck! Please get up, take a deep breath and let it out, do it again. You are a special person and you need not get yourself down. You are feeling the effects of a rotten drug, so just relax, take a few deep breaths. Call someone who you are close with and talk to them, but DO NOT SMOKE! Keep posting and posting! I guarantee you will feel better. Jim
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
((((((((((((Jess)))))))))))) You are never alone.. Post and let us know how you are doing now. By your stats you are doing a fantastic job sweetie! :) You know we are here for you.. Take deep breaths, calm your body and maybe go for a stroll.. outside, to the mall.. whatever it takes ! All the best to you.. Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 473 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $207 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jess, you are a person after my own heart; I hate having holidays mandate my emotions. If it were up to me, I'd be alone, but I am married with children (albeit grown, laus deo!!), so holiday obervances are not up to me. The thing is, would the holiday really be more tolerable with a cigarette? You and I both know it would not. It would be a holiday clogged up with nasty, unspeakable chemicals. Yeah, they look attractive, but we're on to them, are we not? The great deceivers? They will screw us every chance they get. A realistic approach to the holidays will get us through them. The choice is always ours -- me, I'm choosing life, health, and control. No more being jerked around by this friggin adiction peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,194 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel crummy! I'm lonely, sad...and i really want to buy a pack of cig to make myself feel better. I am sitting in my house, empty and all alone with no one and feeling sorry for myself and hating the holidays and so i want to smoke really really badly. Holidays suck!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 624 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $178 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jess, The holidays can be tough and stressful. But hang in there. Keep in mind, if you are in fact alone and sad, that won't be changed by smoking. All smoking will do is make you mad at yourself, increase your depression and make you feel like a failure for falling off the wagon. In other words it won't help, it will only make your depression and sadness worse. Although you may be alone for the holiday, pat yourself on the back for making it through without a cig all by yourself. Best wishes.
  • Quit Meter

$81,838.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8324 Hours: 20

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jess - Sad and Lonely are no fun...but we all go through them....Now it's time to learn how to do sad and lonely without nicotine. You can do it...it just takes awhile. I've hosted SCC pity parties (Gonna will even hire the ice cream man AND bring her strawberry shortcake sleeping bag). (Start an inane post and see what Gonna, Jaset, Phil and some of the other crew will type - it's sure to lift your spirits) I still haven't mastered the alone thing...but I have learned that I need to get out of the house, get some exercise and keep occupied...too much time by myself is not a good thing. Holidays can be rough...but the good thing is that even bad holidays pass. You've made 20 days...you are now on a major growing curve...come on...you can do it! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,458 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $360 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jess, I cannot relate, as I am always surrounded by family---whether I want to be or not. It IS possible to be lonely while in a room full of people.... My oldest daughter will not be home for Thanksgiving. She lives 4 hours away. She did the most amazing thing, and I am so proud. She volunteered to help cook at the homeless shelter where she works. My heart is bursting with pride!!! There are a lot of people out there going without more than a pack of smokes! Let's keep them and ach other in our prayers! God Bless! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,794 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $600 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How ya doin', Jess? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,873 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $616 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37

Reading this thread: