Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

UGHHHHH WHAT IS HAPPENING....

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cheermom - could it be misplaced PMS disguised as a craving? I felt that way last week - I was emotional, irritated, stressed, absolutely dying for a cigarette - really fooled myself. Every un-normal (sounds better than abnormal) feeling I was having became a craving. It ends up that it was PMS, just like every other time. But funnily, I never considered that at all. I find that I think about smoking the most when I am tired - I don't feel like I have the energy and iniative to resist. But I do, and eventually, feel better. You will too. Stay tough! Take care, sushik [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,073 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $378 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kim, Remember all that good advise you gave me? Hang in there girl. I am coming on my 30 days and need you to cheer me on through my 30 day blues. Remember just like the first few weeks... breath, breath, breath. Go home and take a nap after work, after you wake up the cravings should be gone. Navigator [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 548 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $97.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cheermom it just sneaks up on you, you can do it just dealy the thought of smoking till it passes. Drink water go for a walk, you know how to do this Breathe breathe ............ :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 445 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So good to hear from you Cheermom and that you are still with us on the quit. And look at your stats!! They are pretty impressive! Time flies [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 803 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
PS you havent smoked 891 cigarettes in this short time... thats a lot of cigarettes not smoked. Imagine them stacked up in cartons... in front of you now... then imagine the ash the tar... the smoke of ALL of those cigarettes.. Still want to smoke? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 769 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Awww cheermum.. I dunno I felt like that yesterday though. Just tell yourself tomorrow is another day, if its really bad then get to bed early. Bed can be a safe zone, get some magazines or a good book, pamper yourself and if you go to sleep early it will much sooner be tomorrow and a new day, I felt like that yesterday, I really wanted to buy a packet. Yet today I havent thought about smoking at all. Apart from when I come here. Its gone out of my head, and I am so glad I didnt give in to it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 769 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear cheermom WOW--WELL i had same feeling tho.. I do believe it that 30 DAY PITFALL everyone is taking about the MAY QUITTERS it seems like we JUNEBUGS are having it now!!! Together with the FULL MOON.. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,670 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $588.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know this feeling too! Breath in, breath out Don't really want it, just the addiction talking! Breath in, Breath out Want to be healthy, clean lungs, hair, clothes, car, house,____(fill in the blank. Breath in, Breath out, Love my new life, my new health, my new self respect. Breath in, Breath out. Do that with each of your reasons to quit smoking.... Remember that you are a June bug and June bugs don't give up. Don't fly into the fire! Love Ya, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 985 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$74,931.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6523 Hours: 13

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 261 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi cheermom, It sounds like the thirty day pit as wise man Shevie suggested. This is a "trough" of depression that seems to hit some of us at around the 30 day mark. It's like a little taste of hell week scrunched up into a couple of days. It's not constant 24/7 torture, anymore than hell week was, and please know that it does stop, you will feel content and happy again, and you'll be able to look back on this and take a big, deep healthy breath and sigh with relief that you don't need to do that again! Don't forget, non-smokers never feel like this, it is a feeling created by cigarettes. ((hugs)) alison :) Kick the Herb to the Kerb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,739 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $712.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$90,826.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8664 Hours: 15

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cheermom, Thanks for checking in with us. So glad to hear you kept persevering, good job! Have fun vacationning, you've worked hard for this reward! Danielle __________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: