Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Overcoming old Triggers.

18 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We have a boat and that creates a VERY social situation - people coming and going all the time. Luckily, most of our friends do not smoke (or have quit)! I have spent the last l0 years (at the boat) (42 years smoking) socializing and smoking. This past week-end was the first time I have socialized on our boat and not smoked. I cannot allow smoking on the boat and won't. But the funny thing was, I could smell smoke alot!!! There was a man 3 slips down in his boat smoking and I could actually smell it! The wind must have been carrying it over! Unfortunately, it still smelled good to me - I really am looking forward to the day when maybe it doesn't. I do have friends that have quit and they did say that they really no longer like the smell - but that take a little while I'm sure. Am working on 30 days or so - cravings getting a bit further apart and a little less. I actually have the odd day that I feel good!!! Everyone, keep up the good work - Saying it's hard is an UNDERSTATEMENT, but it's such a POSITIVE and totally WORTHWHILE venture - and I am assured by friends and friends on this support site that it really does get better and there truly is life after smoking!!!!!! s
18 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Sadie Way to go on 30 some days! I understand the boat gig, times will be a changin for you. I promise you in 1 or 2 more boat trips, you will wonder why you ever smoked on your boat at all. You are out enjoying nature and lovin life and smoking?? Really smoking does NOT fit in that happy nature picture! I see it now, when I am at the beach. I never littered my butts, but I hate that I used to smoke at the beach. Good Job Sadie! Stay Strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,663 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $330 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sadie, You sound so strong....Fantastic! I have yet to get on my boat for a ride since I quit for the exact same reason. I know it is going to be a huge crave-fest for me since the boat is, I mean WAS, one of my very FAVORITE places to smoke. I would put in a CD, open a beer and light a cig. I may come looking for you when I get the courage to cast off cause this is where I am going to miss smoking the most. Thanks for bringing up such a tender (no pun meant) subject. You are doing GREAT! Joonie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 496 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/thcongrats2520stars.gif[/IMG] on 30 days Sadie - you are doing great Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 556 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $97.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Sadie. My dog agility club holds classes at a school yard that's about 100 yards from a off-leash dog park. Often I can smell cigarette, cigar, or pipe smoke drifting over. Sometimes it still smells good, but not in a crave or desire inducing way. More like the way fried chicken smells good even though you just stuffed yourself; smells nice but there's no desire for any. Remember, everytime you get through a smoking situation smoke-free, you weaken that association. Just keep plodding along and you'll do just fine. Congratulations on 30 days, or so. Keep up the good quit. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 357 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,158 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1356.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice job sadie and thank you for the inspiration. Hang tough. 30 days is awesome. (PS - it still smells good to me sometimes too, but mostly it just stinks) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,587 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $620.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$100,003.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9158 Hours: 20

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sadie, Good for you for putting your foot down! Keep those coping mechanisms at bay and you will fair well! We are always here for you, so post often :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: