Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,678 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

Why now?

18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I completely agree with Lady.... I don't ever have to go through that 30 day craving again if I never buy another pack of cigarettes. That's a wonderful thought. It even gets easier and easier. On my 100th day, I was able to go into the store that I usually bought my butts (the local gas station) and pick up a bottle of water and pack of gum without the first craving. Hang in there Alexa. It gets better with each clean breath of air. Jackey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,109 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $438.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$215,825.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7821 Hours: 3

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everybody! Today is my day #26 (can't beleive it) and cravings are hitting me non-stop. I was OK for the last 3 or 4 days, maybe had 1 or 2 cravings a day that were very short. I thought that I am out of the woods. Why now? When will it stop? Will it take a year, 2 years, forever? Also I am very depressed about weight gain. I did gain a little bit of weight before quitting and now I can't loose it. I don't eat more that I ate before, I go to the gym 3-4 times a week, I walk for a bout an hour avery other day and I can't loose a pound. Before I quit smoking I could loose 1-2 pounds a week easy if I needed to. It is soooooo depressing. Sorry for whining. Alexa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $87.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everybody, I am still smoke-free. Today is day 28. Still have cravings, some days are bad, some not. Why do I think that anyday now I will smoke again and this is all just a test for my willpower. Can it be because it's my first quit? How can I get rid of these thoughts? Alexa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 273 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 425 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alexa, I agree with the other posts, this seems to happened to all of us. I remember my 30 day was awful and I asked the same question as you. Take deep breaths and walk as much as you can. It will be better! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 622 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $184.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alexa, Everyone is different in how long it will take before we no longer have craves. I am at 84 days and I still have craves that last all day sometimes and some days I have none, or they only last a little while. I was like you at 26 days. 26 days seems like such a long time not smoking to a ex smoker doesn't it. But in reality, we smoked for so many years that 26 days is not that long compared to years. Even a year is not that long. Our brains have to be rewired and that could take awhile and if we realize that it is easier to handle the craves. If we just know that it is going to take awhile and accept that instead of fighting it or being frustrated by it, then we are in control and we can say oh I am craving a cigarette but I choose to ignore it and just accept it for what it is and not give in to it. You are doing great. Iwin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,694 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello there I am on day 25 today...two days ago I had the worst day so far. I was so drained by the end of the day I went to bed at 8:00. I couldn't function. I felt physically ill and emotionally drained. I too was thinking "where did this come from and will it ever end." I was so optimistic up until that point. I had a couple of really good days in between and now its two days later and I feel so different. Yesterday was a good day...Who knows what today will bring! The other day was far worst than my first week. It was hell week wrapped up into one long day. I seriously thought about buying some butts...but knew if I did, I would be smoking for the rest of my life. I never want to go through this again. I feel your pain....it is nice to know that we are not alone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 389 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alexa, hope you're doing alright. Everyone here has shown you the path already. It's not fun sometimes. But with patience and perserverance, you will make just like everyone in front of you. I hit a sour spot right around that time, too. Most all of us have. I don't even think of them as craves. They're lulls in my joy. Trust and know these thoughts and feelings will pass. Maybe tomorrow, maybe the next day. You are a nonsmoker. And you will do your best always. life or death, live or die. there is only do, there is no try. choice puts the free in freedom. keep on keepin' on - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $525 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Alexa, hang in there! That feeling you are having is just the Nicodemon whispering in your ear. It will try to wear you down with thoughts of self doubt and undermine your strength. Please don't doubt yourself. Almost all of us went through this tough stage at the first month milestone. It will get better. You are right to think of this as a test. This is one test you don't want to fail, so keep strong. Look at all you have accomplished so far. You have gotten through the 1st month and you CAN get through this as well. Hang in and hang on, [color=Red]redrosie[/color] :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $788.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alexa.. I agree with what 3galeh said. Drink a lot of water and take deep breaths. You smoked for many years and it takes a while to go through the quitting process. Just know that with each passing day and each situation you make it through without smoking is another step closer to freedom from the addiction. You are doing a great job and well on your way. Take it one step at a time and you will make it. keep doing what you have been for the past 25 days. Whine away... We have ALL done it. Some of us (me) a lot! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 277 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,547 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $969.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone. Its the not ever wanting to go through the hell of those first few weeks again that keeps me quit. Just hang in there and know that it does pass. Look at it as a blessing in disguise. The worse things are now the less likely you will be willing to repeat it. Keep your quit. It is so worth it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 279 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,588 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $976.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21

Reading this thread: