Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,720 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CeCe2128, Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade

Who is exercising?

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When you gave up smoking didn't you gain 1 to 3 hours a day that were once spent smoking? I know I did. I am amazed at how much I can get done now. How blinded I was by this addiction. Good grief! I have 3 kids, I work, I volunteer at church and am a Sunday school teacher and I'm fully remodeling a 40 year old home. If I can find time, anyone can! You just gotta do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 884 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$54,531.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5959 Hours: 8

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

It really is a huge difference isn't it? I am loving it as well. I can't believe I've been missing out on this all these years. Flippin' addiction. Grrrrrr! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 865 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$54,531.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I would think that being on the exercise band wagon would be easy since quitting smoking. Isn't it easier for you to exercise now? Can't you feel the effects of not smoking? Doesn't it help you as far as de-stressing you? I don't understand. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 884 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$54,531.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mama, It is a rollercoster and you're not the only one on it. You'll have your ups and downs and if you don't get to the gym to be so hard on yourself. If you need to take a nap, take one. Anything that makes you feel better in this critical time should be done. Keep maintaining your quit and eventually you'll start feeling better and can get back to your normal routine of exercise. Keep persevering, Danielle ____________________________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Breaking Free, I'm glad to hear you've replaced your old habit with a new one. It's a great idea. Physical activity is such a great alternative for quitters. It helps you start to rebuild your lung capacity, it improves mood, raises energy levels, helps you from gaining weight during your quit, and can help you relieve some craving related anxiety. Keep up the great work! Danielle ____________________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 334 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mama. I just read this thread and I wanted to respond to your post. Please don't feel badly for needing to focus on one thing at a time - It's hard to balance everything emotionally, and right now your quit is more important than anything! There is a lot of pressure when people quit smoking to not put on any weight - we put that pressure on ourselves and sometimes it comes from an outside source even if unintentionally. Remember this is a site to support our quit. Everything else here is optional. Keep up the good work Mama!! Cheers, Skidoo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 491 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $220 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, I go to Curves 3-4 times a week! Love it and in the past year I have lost 40 pounds and 22 inches! woowoo! Now, I am determined to keep at least most of it off! I have about 40 more to go before I am back in shape again! After pregnancy I just couldn't lose the weight...now its 2 years later and am finally doing it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 172 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used to exercise religiously. In the last couple of years I've been sporadic. In the last six months it was a real struggle. I simply couldn't breath and no longer had the stamina. Plus my life has gotten so busy with kids and work and animal rescue. Starting tomorrow I'm going to try walking in the mornings before work. I'm writing this message to help me be accountable and actually get my butt out of bed in the morning when my alarm goes off. I'll post again tomorrow and let ya'll know how I did. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 624 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $153 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Well I suck! I reset my alarm this morning and went back to sleep :( I did wear my walking shoes to work today so I am planning to walk, after work, while my son's at football practice. As long as I get in at least a half hour a day I'll be happy for now. Just gotta get used to moving. Breaking Free, sounds like you are on the right road :) Keep it up. You'll be smoke free and in the best shape you've ever been. Congrats on the great job so far. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 629 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Well I didn't walk after work but I did make it to the gym and did a half hour on the precor machine. I kept up a decent pace. I figured it was a good start. Going to try to go again tomorrow night. My kids will be at their dad's so I hope to do cardio and some weights. I keep telling myself that it's progress, not perfection.

Reading this thread: